Xbox One Need for Speed: Rivals or Forza 5

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
I was originally locked in to get Forza, but I keep reading about how NFS is the best looking next gen racer come launch with many games journalist showing lots of excitement for it. I was curious to see what you guys thought. I saw gameplay for both and I must say NFS does look very pretty and the gameplay seems intense and a whole lot of fun. Which are you picking up?

[video=youtube_share;yBM8-clQptc]http://youtu.be/yBM8-clQptc[/video]
[video=youtube_share;eYlYuT1ePe8]http://youtu.be/eYlYuT1ePe8[/video]​

I think it will depend on what type of racing game you want. If I end up getting a racing game it will probably be the forza 5. Reason being is I really like the driveatar possibilities. I love how it is always evolving and how the AI will change over time. I have in the past played the need for speed pursuits and it was fun at first then got old..

I guess I like the true old fashion straight up racing games :). Having cops and pursuits can be fun, but just not my style of game ;).

To me, Forza is a more realistic racing game. The NFS series has always been fun, but i can never take it seriously. Even in that video, the graphics were good, but the gameplay was immediately off-putting. Green flames from every car just because? Walls signs and guard rails that dont slow you down much when you slam into them? I didnt hear much of the chatter but i can guarante all the players are "cool" and use phrases like "Hey bro, we're gonna gas it down to the spot and set up a race for pinks...swag" I can also bet the menus are going to be all grungy and hip. The physics are never right either, the car always seems to pivot from a center point instead of "feeling" like its on a suspension and tires.

So, this ones easy, for me its going to be Forza.

Why is it so hard for them to understand that we want a game like Underground or like carbon.
An actual free roam not like Most wanted 2012, which was a deluded free roam, you were going down one road anyway, no choice as I see it.
And not just race after race, but an actual story line, one that made us want to beat that bad guy at the end .. I remember wanting to kick the ass of that guy in the audi in NFS Carbon, That game was awesome

I am still undecided between these two, but want to get one or the other eventually.

One seems to be a more realistic racing game and the other is racing with some twists.

I will be getting Forza 5 on release day for I enjoy how it offers lots and lots of cars to pick from and the tracks along with the ability to make the game as hard or easy as you want by turning the assists on or off. I am also interested in seeing how the driveatar works and the autovista is cool too.

very forza horizon looking with police chases.
i wouldnt say its a forza5 or grand turismo aimed game.

Does anyone remember the game Tokyo Extreme Racer? I would like to see a race game adapted to how tokyo was! Im not a big race car gamer but I can remember clocking mad hours on this game. With the technology now they could map out extensive real Tokyo highways as one big track and implement police chases and much more than just one on one head to head racing. I think that game would sell big! taking down other car clubs or going online starting your own car club with friends and rivaling agents other car clubs. That would be boss right there!

Does anyone remember the game Tokyo Extreme Racer? I would like to see a race game adapted to how tokyo was! Im not a big race car gamer but I can remember clocking mad hours on this game. With the technology now they could map out extensive real Tokyo highways as one big track and implement police chases and much more than just one on one head to head racing. I think that game would sell big! taking down other car clubs or going online starting your own car club with friends and rivaling agents other car clubs. That would be boss right there!

in japan the cops dont chase the high hp wangan cars. they dont stand a chance at catching up. but the gov does allot with cameras and what not... why u see modded license plate hangers that are angled and such.

tokyo extreme racer was a killer game. use to play the crap out of it. wangan midnight was similar.

i do agree a game like that could do allot and really give horizon,crew,need for speed a run for their money if done right.

Well, I don't truly know much about NFS: Rivals (and my connection is being too slow for me to look it up at the moment) but aren't NFS games much more... arcade-y than Forza? With the exception of NFS: Shift, I guess. So I would say it would depend on if you want something more arcade-y or a simulation racer.

I would personally go with NFS: Rivals since I don't like simulation racers at all.

I absolutely loved that game!

I was originally locked in to get Forza, but I keep reading about how NFS is the best looking next gen racer come launch with many games journalist showing lots of excitement for it. I was curious to see what you guys thought. I saw gameplay for both and I must say NFS does look very pretty and the gameplay seems intense and a whole lot of fun. Which are you picking up?

[video=youtube_share;yBM8-clQptc]http://youtu.be/yBM8-clQptc[/video]
[video=youtube_share;eYlYuT1ePe8]http://youtu.be/eYlYuT1ePe8[/video]​

That's easy... Forza!

J

I originally wanted Metropolis Street Racer (later became project gotham) when i got my dreamcast, because i was like "whoa, convertibles! in a racing game!". I had seen it in a magazine before i bought my dreamcast and had to have it.

Unfortunately i forgot the name of it.So when, after saving a couple of paychecks from Mcdonalds, I went to pick up my bundle, i grabbed tokyo xtreme racer thinkin it was the one but knowing in the back of my head that it couldnt be.

I get it home and the game is set at night, no daytime....thats not right i said to myself.

Then there are no convertibles, strike two.

Finally i just jumped in and played. WHOA. I forgot all about the freakin convertibles. Street Racing at its finest is what it was. The graphics were mindblowing for the time, especially the replays. And racing that Porsche with the body kit and super deep dish rims was so intimidating but so satisfying when i finally beat it.

Thanks for taking me back, im gonna go find that game and play hahaha

It's really your choice. If you're more of a classic-racing guy - Forza. If its the fun your here for - NFS. Graphics, in my opinion are way better on the Forza. But the gameplay of NFS is better for sure.
It all depends on your gaming needs

I was up in the air over this until I watched a couple more YT videos yesterday.

Now I would get NFS for the overall features and replayability.

Forza looks sweet and all, but you press the gas/brake maybe shift and race around a track. Sure you pick the fancy cars and tracks, but NFS looks
like it offers much more variety. I think I would get bored of Forza pretty quick.

I was up in the air over this until I watched a couple more YT videos yesterday.

Now I would get NFS for the overall features and replayability.

Forza looks sweet and all, but you press the gas/brake maybe shift and race around a track. Sure you pick the fancy cars and tracks, but NFS looks
like it offers much more variety. I think I would get bored of Forza pretty quick.

After playing both at a preview event in Philly, I decided on Forza. I think NFS is great but it feels too much like the last few I played. I haven't played a good track racer in a while so Forza has me more excited. I'll own both eventually bit Forza at launch.

Forza seems awesome in graphics\physics piont of view, whereas NFS is good on gameplay. Its just a case of what you are up for

I am planning to order both games, actually. They seem both unique, and I am extremely excited. I hope everything would turn out to be even better. haha

Back