Need your opinion about a couple of gamer profiles

REACHER

First of all, hello. I'm Reacher. I am actually Haze's brother (one of the moderators here) so he told me I should ask this here.

Ok so I have had a few different gamer profiles during my time with the Xbox. And at the moment I have two I am trying to decide which to stick with.

One account has a name I really love but not a lot of progress or gamerscore (i think around 1,300G?)

The other I have around 3,800G and have a couple of accomplishments I'm proud of (Halo Reach Solo Legendary) but the name isn't great and I would love to change it to my other accounts name but that would require money to change both gamertags (so I'd be paying for two name changes).

That being said, i just wanted to ask your opinions. Should I change my name or should I just play on the account with my favourite name with little progress?

Seems like a stupid question and all and I know this, but any advice, opinions would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Hello brother of Haze :)
Welcome.
Well, it depends how much the gamerscore means to you.
Personally Gamerscore doesnt matter to me much, so even though I have around 9000G, I would still choose to go with the "name" option,
That is if you cant delete the one with the name you like and then rename the other one, can you not? :/

Hi, I agree with ZaneCloud, the gamerscore of someone makes no difference to me.

And I rarely look at the achievements of those who do have a high gamerscore.

I'm with everybody else so far. Gamerscore means nothing to me, but my online alias does. I can remember your name and people can remember mine, but my gamerscore doesn't matter at all. It's just a record of how much time you've invested into a game, or how "skilled" you are at doing some things in a game.

Thank you for the replies. So majority thinks go with the account with the name i like over the one with more gamerscore (better completion rate, halo reach legendary solo)?
or should i spend $50 on swapping names? (800msp each)

$50???

I thought it was around $10 USD for 800 MSP

But yes, go with the one with the gamer tag you prefer.

It cost 800 Microsoft Points to change a gamertag, $10. Change your gamertag of the one you like to something else, and then change the other one to the gamertag you like. $20 investment and your playing on the gamertag you want to play on, and you have the achievements to show off your progression of games.

It cost 800 Microsoft Points to change a gamertag, $10. Change your gamertag of the one you like to something else, and then change the other one to the gamertag you like. $20 investment and your playing on the gamertag you want to play on, and you have the achievements to show off your progression of games.

That's the unfortunate thing about where i live (Australia), you cant buy 800msp on it's own. we only sell 1500msp, 2000msp or 3000msp. 1500msp here cost $25.

If you are going to stick with the gamertag you choose from now on pick the one with the name that you like as your gamerscore will only get better and never get lower. :)

Back