Xbox One New Co-Op Info Revealed for Dead Rising 3

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Additionally, we have been introduced to the co-op portions of the Dead Rising 3. Player number two will assume the role of a truck driver named Dick, who finds himself “in the wrong diner at the wrong time.” Yes, Nick and Dick will be able to team up together to fight against hordes of zombies within an online co-op mode. Unlike the previous games, players will be able to travel great distances separately and aren’t won’t be “tethered” to one another in exploration aspects. There will also be specific vehicles that can only operate within co-op, having one player drive and the other utilize on-board weaponry.

Dick%20Dead%20Rising%203.jpg

Furthermore, co-op players will have the ability to reach levels further into the game than done alone through single player. For example: Say a player beats level one, but then jumps into a co-op game and beats level three. When he returns to single player, the game will recognize that he's completed level three already and will give him the option to choose to skip to four upon completion of level two.

Pretty cool stuff. I admit that the co-op availability was not exactly something I was looking forward to, but it could be fun in such a massive open world. Take GTA 5 for example, the single player stuff is amazing, but there is a lot to be said for the added mayhem co=op missions bring to the mix. I will have to check this out!

via Co-Optimus

I really like the way they are doing co-op, how your story progresses even if the other player you join is ahead of your singleplayer game. They did co-op right (well, except no split-screen). I have no doubt I'll end up playing DR3's entire campaign co-op with a friend.

Well, it will be really interesting to see where this game goes with Co-op functionality. It will be cool to kill zombies in co-op mode than in single player mode. They are yet to reveal any footage from co-op though.

There is also the new stuff regarding NPC rescued and the overall safe house. For instance, once a friend has visited your safe house copies of available gadgets and stuff will be available in their safe house. It really makes the co-op experience worth it. That said I really just want to murder things with the Jazz Hand weapon set.

This is great news for me! Ive been getting back into the groove of playing Dead Rising 2 recently, just in time for the mental preparation of playing this game co-op! Skooowhoooot!

That is great news, for all us zombie loving video games. Dead rising is the perfect co-op game, for anyone. It will make that game even better because you can now kill tons of zombies with your friends. Hopefully the game becomes more challenging and better written.

I really enjoy the fact that you don't have to be beside each other at all times, yet there are tasks that will need both players. It's how co-op should be done in a world as large as DR3. The new information that keeps coming out about this game has me chomping at the bit for more.

I really enjoy the fact that you don't have to be beside each other at all times, yet there are tasks that will need both players. It's how co-op should be done in a world as large as DR3. The new information that keeps coming out about this game has me chomping at the bit for more.

That's how co-op should be done period - no one wants to be chained together when you could be exploring stuff. That said I really think the coming generation is going to make co-op what it should have always been thanks to better resources for AI and such - I mean some of the things I've heard have been simply fantastic.

Back