New PS Vita Is Slimmer, Lighter, More Colorful

The Vita is far from being on life support, it's just that it has a huge digital library but not retail, so it seems that way when you go to the store. If you want good indies game on the go, it's the best handheld since the 3DS has pretty much non-existent indie support and Android/iOS usually just get pure crap and have no physical controls. Vita also has its fair share of exclusives and big titles, but then again you need to check its digital catalog because the Vita is seemingly dead at retail stores. Problem is that Sony needs to raise awareness of the digital library.

Anyway, back on topic... this new model has an LCD screen (instead of OLED) and a battery life of approx. 6 hours (instead of 5 hours). Not terrible, but it doesn't do anything to make me wish I had one of these new Vitas instead of the one I already have (which is a very good thing according to my wallet).

I like the new model. I feel that once the PS4 is out, the vita sales are going to get a resurgence. There is no way that it doesn't start to pick up with the new capabilities.

I actually like this. I still play on my PSP2000 and I've been thinking about getting the Vita for many months now. I guess this is another reason that would force me to finally make the switch!

Okay, that colorful part is not that true because they exchanged the beautiful OLED screen for a LCD one, which is a lot cheaper, but certainly is not that colorful.
And if you mean the console colors, i am pretty sure when this comes in the west, you will just have one or two colors, black and white.

I've never been interested in buying PS Vita but whenever I'm on travel or something, It really makes me think about buying a PS Vita.
I'm really looking forward to it this time, does anyone know how much it will cost? any estimate?

If I still played my handheld systems, I would definitely get this system. I love the look of the system and the specifications. I also like the color of the game. That is one of the reasons I have always loved Microsofts Xbox. Playstation creates dull looking systems.

The biggest issue of the new Vita slim is the screen. It is not as good as the original, which seems asinine in my opinion. I understand that they were trying to cut costs, but you never want an upgrade to be a worse product. big oversight by Sony, especially for a struggling system

Back