Xbox One New Rumor : The New Xbox

coldranger

there are leaks happened by an unknown sources but this leak seem legit
when this unknown source asked one of the developers about the Xbox 720 in last week's Microsoft's press conference he said :
" We are not yet ready to announce the real next generation Xbox, what you saw today was just an Xbox focusing on the Multi-Media , the leak what happened in late 2012 about the new Xbox having two versions was true, the reason why we don't want to announce the new Xbox early is that other competitors could take advantage and have time to make there console more powerful, there are 2 versions in development ; one focusing on the Multi-Media and play regular AAA games, that is using the Durango DevKit but the other version will focus on games and gamers it will have Multi-Media and will play Extreme AAA games and is using another DevKit different than Durango DevKit "

that maybe means that there will be two versions
* Multi-Media version : Focus on Multi-Media , Play regular AAA games
* Powerful version : Focus on games and gamers , Play extreme AAA games

there are leaks happened by an unknown sources but this leak seem legit
when this unknown source asked one of the developers about the Xbox 720 in last week's Microsoft's press conference he said :
" We are not yet ready to announce the real next generation Xbox, what you saw today was just an Xbox focusing on the Multi-Media , the leak what happened in late 2012 about the new Xbox having two versions was true, the reason why we don't want to announce the new Xbox early is that other competitors could take advantage and have time to make there console more powerful, there are 2 versions in development ; one focusing on the Multi-Media and play regular AAA games, that is using the Durango DevKit but the other version will focus on games and gamers it will have Multi-Media and will play Extreme AAA games and is using another DevKit different than Durango DevKit "

that maybe means that there will be two versions
* Multi-Media version : Focus on Multi-Media , Play regular AAA games
* Powerful version : Focus on games and gamers , Play extreme AAA games

Thanks for sharing. I too had heard something similar, that there would be 2 different versions, one for "casual" gamers and another for more "hardcore" ones.
I can understand why they're doing it, honestly. The market is being split between the traditional gaming fanbase that grew up playing video games and an upcoming wave of people that is taking advantage of what consoles are now capable of doing, such as movie streaming and social media interaction, just to name a few.
To a certain extent, I agree with this decision, let's just wait to see how true it turns out to be.

Combine with a very comparable price point and basically Microsoft has another great seller here. By catering to both sides you can make any changes that would benefit each with simple firmware updates. The only thing that might confuse people is which one to choose, if they play "hardcore" games every once in a while they would be torn in either buying the more expensive model later or get the cheaper one now. Of course this is all hearsay until Microsoft makes the announcement.

I think having two versions could either be a really good thing or a really bad idea for the new Xbox. It would be great to have a perfect system catered to exactly what you want, but on the other hand, does this mean there is a chance that the new Xbox could be lacking compared to other systems? I really hope they plan each version to have a few key, "overlapping" features! I would feel a little weird paying few hundred dollars on a system that couldn't use multi-media. I'm not asking for much though. Just enough to where I could play some DVDs and other digital content. :cool: Does anyone think Microsoft will start using Blu-ray players built into their systems? I hope so.:eek:

That sounds very odd to me... would be cool enough if true, though. A cheaper version which has lower graphical quality and/or performance and a version which has good graphical quality and performance. It still sounds very odd to me, though, and I don't really trust any rumors.

Why bother? Why not let everyone have AAA power?
I guess they want a budget console option but, that fact that you may not be able to play the best games on it just sucks!

Interesting. It doesn't seem like a great idea though, but for the final decision we'll have to see the price tags on the the two consoles. I can see the lower end console making drastically smaller sales than the high end version. It is good to see that they are focusing energy and resources on making a powerhouse game machine.

Bump for interest! Does anyone have any additional information? I've been searching around but I can't find anything relevant, will update if I do however.

I find this very interesting. I don't know but I also find it hard to believe because it would not make sense. I mean if you sell a console you also want to sell games. I think that's where the real business is.

I don't know if 2 consoles is a good idea IMO. There is always the lingering thought of whether you made the correct choice. And what about casual gamers who turn competitive, or vice versa? Will they have to buy a different console?

I'm sure they will figure all of this out, but the idea of making 2 consoles just seems a bit strange to me. If anything it's just a way for them to make more money. But it could decrease the price of what a casual gamer/family would have to pay rather than a hardcore gamer, so in that light in might be good.

I think we can speculate all we want, but there isn't much detail about the specs, prices, etc in that post. We will have to wait and see.

Thanks for sharing. I too had heard something similar, that there would be 2 different versions, one for "casual" gamers and another for more "hardcore" ones.
I can understand why they're doing it, honestly. The market is being split between the traditional gaming fanbase that grew up playing video games and an upcoming wave of people that is taking advantage of what consoles are now capable of doing, such as movie streaming and social media interaction, just to name a few.
To a certain extent, I agree with this decision, let's just wait to see how true it turns out to be.

I agreee with what Kateric99 says, if you think about it really makes sense, I hope this becomes true, I would like to see how this turns out and if Microsoft is capable of pulling off such thing.

I almost hope this is not true.
It seems like a poor idea.
I hope they re-think this and intentionally leak some info about the new xbox because we really need to start hyping it up.

The exciting thing I'm hearing is how the next kinnect will be able to seamlessly insert you into a game as a character. Or even build up interactive games between yourself and a friend elsewhere in the country. Should make for some great fight games.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I knew they were branching out to different audiences, but this is a unique way of going about it.

Back