Xbox One Next Gen Xbox to Hit in 2013 & New System Rumors

PB7

Former Administrator
Turns out CVG via Xbox World Magazine has some good new Xbox leaks and rumors for us regarding the next Xbox system, code named Durango, to be released. Looks like Microsoft may have learned from Sony's mistake when releasing a new system and is shooting for a very affordable release. The new system is suppose to be named just "Xbox" with no numbers or characters afterwards. Although their is other speculation from around the net that the new name will be xBox 8 or Xbox Infinity. xBox being named after the popular iPad and iPhone name styles. The new quad core CPU architectural design is suppose to faster and better than anything on the market today. On top of that, multiple sources are confirming from around the net that the system will launch in November before the holidays next year 2013. Xbox World Magazine has a 8 page story on information on the new Xbox. See below for a quick run down of the new rumors.

Rumor Run down
  • Augmented reality (projecting images on your walls in the room your playing)
  • Directional Sound (3D sound)
  • Four player finger tracking Kinect
  • Kinect 2.0
  • Use Blu-Ray Discs
  • AR Glasses (an add on to be introduced after system launch.)
  • 8 GB of RAM
  • 4 Core Processor (each divided into logical cores)
  • TV Output & Input
  • Cloud Gaming

Check out the article for all the features expected in the new Xbox.

Via: CVG

I don't like Kinect or cloud computing, these feel like gimmick products and services to me, so I hope they aren't mandatory on my favorite titles. I like FPS games in live multi-player mode and if I have to hook up a kinect to be competitive I will simply find a different game. I hope they don't force the issue like they have on other systems.

Back