Xbox 360 Next Splinter Cell Will Be Kinect Enhanced

Gamertag888

I saw during this year's Xbox E3 coverage that the next Splinter Cell game will be Kinect-enhanced. They played the game briefly to show how game play will work and I must say, it is REALLY cool how they incorporated the Kinect voice-recognition feature into the game! Do you know how Sam used to whistle or whisper to get the attention of a target before killing them? Well now YOU whistle or whisper to get their attention! The Kinect enhances the game in other ways too, but I just thought that was really cool. :)

But what if you can't whistle? lol Honestly? I can't wait for the next Rainbow Six!!!

Seriously though...I can't whistle, but having Kinect capabilities will rock.

I think the Kinect should get an update before developers actually make use of the technology. It seems more like a half baked cake rather than a full blown dessert, if you know what I mean. In fact, I was taken aback that the franchise is actually going to use Kinect in the next game, I just hope they don't screw it up.

I think the Kinect should get an update before developers actually make use of the technology. It seems more like a half baked cake rather than a full blown dessert, if you know what I mean. In fact, I was taken aback that the franchise is actually going to use Kinect in the next game, I just hope they don't screw it up.
I'm in favor of any game using Kinect as a "supported feature" I believe that game developers are starting to figure out what does and doesn't work with Kinect. A couple of games over the last two months have done an incredible job using voice and motion controls to enhance the games experience. For example look at Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and Ghost Recon Future Soldier. In Skyrim, Bethesda added voice support to the game. This has actually made it quite easy to switch weapons, cast spells and manage your inventory on the fly. In Ghost Recon Future Soldier, getting to build and test your guns with Kinect is a nice added feature to the game.

There is always a flip-side to any argument. Mandatory Kinect controls (outside of dance and party games) just does not seem to work well. Look at games like Rise of Nightmares, and the new Steel Battalion. I challenge almost anyone to try to complete either of these games without wanting to drop-kick their television.

- me

Last edited:
It would be great if Splinter Cell moves were integrated with Kinect movement controls to allow for more immersion of the gamer in the virtual world, but developers should also think from a gamer's perspective and understand what exactly do gamers want in a Kinect-enabled game and not throw in gimmicky stuff that devalue the game instead.

For example, being able to perform a non-lethal kill or knockout using hand motions would be quite cool and fun for the player. Instead of just pressing the A button to attack the enemy, the Kinect control would allow the player to interact with NPCs more than a standard controller would, Whistling or whispering, as mentioned by Gamertag88, is great too. In fact, if I remember correctly, it was a feature available on Chaos Theory?

Can't say I really care much for things like this while I play my games, I prefer to just use a controller by itself. It's neat that their adding the feature to do certain actions with your voice but I honestly would be indifferent if it were not in the game at all, hope all of you who actually enjoy the Kinect find that it adds to your gameplay.

Guys, I don't know how to whistle!!! :-( How am I going to distract the enemy and kill him? Maybe, I could shout out loud or wave my hand in front of Kinect lol:D

I guess if Kinect could support Oculus Rift, it would be awesome to play with night vision goggles on and going through the level in first person. What I need is that Sam Fisher should clench his fist hard if I do it in front of the Kinect. Am I being too futuristic? Maybe, but this is going to be the future and we will soon start playing inside a digital room. Gaming at its best!

Back