Xbox 360 Nightmare Xbox Stories?

andrew172

Does anybody have any stories about terrible things happening to their console? I have one. I bought an Xbox 360 on launch day a few years back and after I'd had it only one week, one of my friends wanted me to come to their house an bring it so they could have a look. I obviously wanted to show off my new console to them so I obliged, packed it up and payed him a visit. Now my friend has a crazy wild dog. He's a cute dog but he has more energy in him than Santa Claus in Disneyland on New Year's Eve. I forgot what game we were playing but my friend and I got our first achievement that we spent an hour playing towards and we both jumped up and held the controllers in the air in celebration. Now for some odd reason, my friends dog thought the 360 controller was a treat and ran all the way from the kitchen to try and get it. The dog ran through the cables got caught in them, decided to keep running and dragged the console off the table and onto the very hard marble floor. needless to say, the aesthetics weren't exactly brand new any more. It was cracked and pieces were chipped off all over. It still worked though!

My Xbox red ringed within the first year that I owned it. I was pretty upset, because it was a solid machine before that. Still haven't gotten it fixed either, so it's just collecting dust.

My Xbox red ringed within the first year that I owned it. I was pretty upset, because it was a solid machine before that. Still haven't gotten it fixed either, so it's just collecting dust.
I have a video in the "tutorials" section that might help with this. :)

I think you guys are all just unfortunate with your Xbox, I have been having mine for the past 3 or 4 years without a single issue. I think one time I fixed a red ring of death through a youtube video, and after that, the sails have been smooth to say the least.

I've never had any issues with any of my consoles. My first Xbox served me well, and so did my Xbox 360. I hope I can say the same for Xbox One.

If I've ever had any issues, then it's always been my fault. For instance, knocking my console by accident and hearing the DVD slip out of place making an unholy noise. Another time my console damaged my Forza 2 game giving it deep scratches, but I'm not sure what caused it. Then there's also the mandatory rage moments where I've thrown my controllers in anger causing them to break, but I've always managed to fix them in the end.

I'm glad I don't throw my controllers in rage anymore though, it's a pretty stupid habit.

No nightmare issues, though I did have my first Xbox suffer fatal disc read errors after about 12-18 months. Fortunately we were able to exchange it for a new console and kept the hard drive, so we didn't really lose out too badly. Lost the shiny chrome disc tray (they could only give us the basic model instead of whatever one we had) so that was a bummer, but nothing serious.

I am a bit concerned about my current Xbox though. I bought it second hand, and the guy did mention it made a lot of noise - wasn't expecting it to be quite as loud as it is. It's usually louder than the TV. From what I can tell it's coming from the power supply, so at least if it goes it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Back