Nintendo 2DS experience?

Dame6089

I live in NY and just recently went to the Nintendo Store and shcecked out the 2DS they had on display. I have to say, it seems like a solid system. It is comfortable to hold and is crazy sturdy. I can definitely see it being able to take some punishment from a child.

Has anybody else checked the 2DS out yet?

I was also able to try it out on a retail place, and i have to say, it's a pretty different thing than what i thought for the first time seeing it. I thought that thing would be huge, but it's pretty portable in my opinion. Still, the fact you can't close it like the previous models really throws me off, so i prefer the older models.

I haven't tried the 2DS yet, but from past experience, all "DS" type releases made by Nintendo are similar. There's not much portability compared to the 3DS, I believe, due to the fact that they removed the foldable top screen probably for easier manufacturing and therefore lower production cost (which explains why it's a 2DS and how they removed 3D capabilities). 3D was a gimmick anyways, glad they removed it; now it's just a cheaper 2D system capable of playing all 3DS games. Fun fun fun!

I was also able to try it out on a retail place, and i have to say, it's a pretty different thing than what i thought for the first time seeing it. I thought that thing would be huge, but it's pretty portable in my opinion. Still, the fact you can't close it like the previous models really throws me off, so i prefer the older models.

Like I said, the 2DS is mainly aimed at young kids, so it is not for you and me. I prefer being able to carry my 3DS around, so the 2DS would not work for me. I have to say though, I am jealous of how sturdy it is compared to the 3DS.

IMO despite the fact that it feels plasticky and cheap it has a tablet-like feel when you hold it and that's fine by me

youtu.be/k7UqUR04xZI

I like the 2DS... just trying to get used to it. Trying to figure out why, if Nintendo didn't want the clamshell design, and wanted portability, why they didn't go with a design more like the T-Mobile Sidekick. Slide the top screen over the bottom one, and just add the buttons on the side... sidekick.jpg

I personally am not a fan of the 2ds or any of the Nintendo consoles because I find it too "childish" and not fun to play with. Maybe it is only me or something but I prefer the Playstation Vita.

I just hope that Microsoft will produce a handheld console but I know that won't happen.

I actually miss my DS a lot. I used to love playing animal crossings. I still think that was one of my favorite games. and I'm a 25 year old girl. lol

I don't care for the 2DS' design. It does what I want it to do, but I prefer the 3DS. I got a 2DS for my girlfriend.

I don't really care for the way it looks to be honest. I mean, I know it'd be a great little thing for younger people since they don't have to experience the 3D, but it's just...I dunno, it just doesn't look right to me personally.

I'm not a huge fan of the 3D, but I love my launch 3DS. The 3D was cool when I played Samurai Warriors and okay for SF IV, but that's about it.

Back