Nintendo denies plans to publish Xbox One and PS4 titles

Clark Bruce

Nintendo denies plans to publish Xbox One and PS4 titles | Expert Reviews

Despite rumors that if Nintendo were to ever back out of the console industry and instead would begin to develop games for other companies, Nintendo has now publicly stated that no matter what, they would never develop games for any other consoles besides their own. This is some good news from Nintendo, as it shows that despite the struggling Wii U, they are still confident.

I am amazed that people actually thought that was a possibility. Nintendo's trump card has always been their first party exclusives so why on Earth would they help their competitors by providing them on their rival platforms?

I am amazed that people actually thought that was a possibility. Nintendo's trump card has always been their first party exclusives so why on Earth would they help their competitors by providing them on their rival platforms?

People are saying it because of the Wii U's crappy sales and saying it would be similar to SEGA with the Dreamcast. What happened with the Dreamcast was that it bombed. Because of that, SEGA retired from the console market and simply became a software developer/publisher.

So yeah, people are saying that the Wii U sucks and that Nintendo should stop making consoles and just make multiplatform games instead.

Yes, but those people are obvious idiots - the WiiU's sales aren't especially boss and probably won't ever be - however the WiiU is also spectacularly cheap to produce. So this isn't going to bankrupt them. On top of that Pokémon is licensed to them so that brings in truckloads of money - nothing like having Pikachu plastered on the side of an aeroplane after all. Also there is the money from selling their many games and the funds made off of merchandise and the like. In other words they aren't anywhere near the dire straits of Sega - never mind the fact their longevity points to them having some measure of strategy.

Yes, but those people are obvious idiots - the WiiU's sales aren't especially boss and probably won't ever be - however the WiiU is also spectacularly cheap to produce. So this isn't going to bankrupt them. On top of that Pokémon is licensed to them so that brings in truckloads of money - nothing like having Pikachu plastered on the side of an aeroplane after all. Also there is the money from selling their many games and the funds made off of merchandise and the like. In other words they aren't anywhere near the dire straits of Sega - never mind the fact their longevity points to them having some measure of strategy.

In addition to Pokemon they also have the 3DS which is currently selling like hotcakes.

Don't let the 'analysts' fool you, Nintendo have far more money than they let on.

The Wii U may be cheap to produce but they are apparently selling at a loss regardless.

But I agree, those people are just being idiots. But well, that's the internet for you. It's fully of crazy fanboys and stupid people. Nintendo ain't going out anytime soon. The 3DS wasn't doing great at first either but then all those great games came out or where announced and boom! Started selling like crazy. The first year or two of a system is always bad but it eventually gets better (or much, MUCH better in Nintendo's case).

The Wii U may be cheap to produce but they are apparently selling at a loss regardless.
I can guarantee the PS4 and XB1 will both be selling for much bigger loses, not to mention their consoles have always sold at a loss whereas this is the first generation where Nintendo's have not. The majority of profits come from game sales anywhere and Nintendo have the added benefit of being able to sell first party games at full retail price for years because they never stop selling.

I can guarantee the PS4 and XB1 will both be selling for much bigger loses, not to mention their consoles have always sold at a loss whereas this is the first generation where Nintendo's have not. The majority of profits come from game sales anywhere and Nintendo have the added benefit of being able to sell first party games at full retail price for years because they never stop selling.

Well, yeah, that all makes sense. Nintendo isn't going broke or anything anytime soon. Hell, none of the "big 3" seem to be in a really bad financial situation at all right now.

So yeah, in the end, Nintendo is just replying to the internet trolls and jerks that keep saying Nintendo should just publish games for other consoles. Not a big deal.

But I agree, those people are just being idiots. But well, that's the internet for you. It's fully of crazy fanboys and stupid people. Nintendo ain't going out anytime soon. The 3DS wasn't doing great at first either but then all those great games came out or where announced and boom! Started selling like crazy. The first year or two of a system is always bad but it eventually gets better (or much, MUCH better in Nintendo's case).

Sure they may be selling at a loss, but there is a difference between losing 200 and losing 2000. There loss is small enough that they can make it up with all the other pies they've got their fingers in - kind of like how MS can take a risk or two because most computers run off of Windows. Or how Sony sells so many other electronics they are practically bullet-proof (and now you know why they're both so smug).

That said most of the really great titles aren't slated to drop until 2014 or later - once they do we'll see how it works out. I, of course, already bought a WiiU because its cheap, my kid brother wanted my Wii, and Nintendo is a large part of my childhood so there.

Back