Xbox 360 Official Brand versus Off-Brand Accessories

sunkist2012

How do you feel about Xbox-brand accessories versus off-brand accessories? Personally, I've been buying off-brand rechargeable battery packs for my controller(s) for a while now and haven't had any problems, but some people swear that the Xbox-brand battery packs work better. What do you think?

I wasn't even aware that such things existed. I guess you can still learn new things as a gamer! All of our components are original Microsoft, I think.

I've bought off-brand accessories for video game systems in the past, and I've never had any problems. It's similar to buying generic medication to me, I think it's worth it sometimes to save a little money.

I don't think that there's much difference between name brands and generic products. I've heard that some big companies will distribute their products under a generic name. Maybe they figure they will double their sales by selling to people who will pay more for a name brand and those who want to save money with an off-brand product. I don't know if that applies to gaming products, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I prefer off-brand accessories, because they last just as long and function just as well as Xbox-brand accessories, yet they usually cost less than half as much as the Xbox-brand. My husband swears up and down that Xbox-brand battery packs work better, but we have off-brand battery packs too, and they've lasted just as long and held up just as well as the "official" brand. I really think it's all in his head, ha ha!

I had a bad experience one time with an off-brand battery and ever since, I've been all about Microsoft's Xbox-brand accessories. It could have just been a fluke and I know that, but ever since then, I've always worried, whenever I would consider buying off-brand again, that if I DID buy off-brand, I'd end up with a faulty accessory just like I did the first go-round. It's one of those, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." situations, you know?

I feel the official brand is much more reliable then off brand equipment.

Back