Xbox One Official name

BlackSolaris

So, i think i speak for everyone to when i say, Microsoft just pulled something that i don't even know what to think.
It's the third console that they release... but it's called One. Yes, i am aware that it's "all in one" thing, but are they aware what they just made?

Oh Microsoft, you're dumber than I thought.

I fully expect some people to ignore the Xbox One in favor of the 360, as I feel those that don't know about it will assume the 360 is newer.

Lol, never thought they would come up with this name. Personally, I liked either Infinity or Fusion, but One? Really xbox?

I was really hoping Xbox Infinity would be the official name. It sounds cool and kind of rhymes with 360, perfect right?
Xbox One... sounds really lame, honestly. Is the next gen going to be Xbox Two?
They could've done better.

I think it sounds fine. Xbox Infinity sounded too much like Comcasts Xfinity and Xbox Fusion didn't really sound exciting IMO. Anyways, do you remember the feedback about the Xbox 360? People were complaining, really Microsoft? 360? lol They're sticking with 3 letter words/numbers.

Xbox doing a 360 is a complete circle. It was a complete change from the original Xbox. Now that its established itself as an elite console. It knows its number 1. I guess it's better than the prolonged Playstation numbed consoles.

Xbox doing a 360 is a complete circle. It was a complete change from the original Xbox. Now that its established itself as an elite console. It knows its number 1. I guess it's better than the prolonged Playstation numbed consoles.

Well, what I heard was that they're going with Xbox One because it's the "all-in-one" console. Dunno if that's true, but yeah. I still expect people to confuse the Xbox One with the old Xbox. Hell, even I did once I read a news article about the Xbox One's reveal! They better advertise it a lot as the successor of the 360.

I was really hoping Xbox Infinity would be the official name. It sounds cool and kind of rhymes with 360, perfect right?
Xbox One... sounds really lame, honestly. Is the next gen going to be Xbox Two?
They could've done better.

I'd have to agree. They could have definitely done better. Honestly, I would've even preferred "Xbox 720".
I'm just hoping the console itself is greater than current expectations.

Well, they certainly surprised us with this name. Xbox One. What a bizarre choice. I mean, I understand it, but they could have easily just gone with "Xbox" and conveyed the same message. I wasn't really expecting something like Xbox 720, but I did think they would go with a new name and new direction. Something such as "Xbox: Predator". That's a horrible example, but you see what I mean.

All I can think of is that now it goes: Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One.

Doesn't really make sense. Poor branding if you ask me.

Well, what I heard was that they're going with Xbox One because it's the "all-in-one" console. Dunno if that's true, but yeah. I still expect people to confuse the Xbox One with the old Xbox. Hell, even I did once I read a news article about the Xbox One's reveal! They better advertise it a lot as the successor of the 360.

Its definitely true because that's whats advertised on xbox.com, "All-in-One Entertainment System".

Well, they certainly surprised us with this name. Xbox One. What a bizarre choice. I mean, I understand it, but they could have easily just gone with "Xbox" and conveyed the same message. I wasn't really expecting something like Xbox 720, but I did think they would go with a new name and new direction. Something such as "Xbox: Predator". That's a horrible example, but you see what I mean.

All I can think of is that now it goes: Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One.

Doesn't really make sense. Poor branding if you ask me.

At the end of the day, its not about the name, but about the quality of the system and how it performs.

Back