Original Xbox Original Xbox vs. PS2

SiA360

From
Florida
I think these two systems were supposed to be on the same level, but I had both systems and they weren't. I think the game play for the exact same games were much better on the Xbox. I remember playing Grand Theft Auto on them and the PS2 was horrible. I wound up using the PS2 as a dvd player only.

I thought the PS2 was good. I never played the original Xbox. Well, that's not true. I mean I never owned in in my house or anything but I did not relaly notice a huge difference between the PS2 and the Xbox.

I also think that the original Xbox was much better than the PlayStation 2. I know they were meant to be on the same level, but I remember that the game play was visibly superior on the Xbox for games such as "Prince of Persia", "Grand Theft Auto", "Ninja Gaiden" (just to name a few that came to mind at the moment).

The graphics were better, you mean? I think that's about right. I really enjoyed playing games on the PS2, but I think games just looked better on the Xbox.

I'd say the PS2 for sure. But one down side to the PS2 was that they break easily. I prolly owned three PS2's in my life and they all broke over time. But my xBox never broke. So for durability xBox was best but for games and game-play PS2 was best.

I liked the PS2 much better than the original Xbox. Though the Playstation 2 had inferior graphics as compared to the Xbox, it had better games like Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Resident Evil, Ico, etc. The games on the PS2 were really fun to play and sucked me in for hours.

I dont know what you are talking about saying grand theft auto was horrible on ps2... unless you were playing the original GTA or GTA 2 yea they were bad but when 3 came out it was amazing... and vice city ontop of that those games blew everything away at the time. Then xbox came out with Halo 2 and these were not as good

I never had an original Xbox but I did have a PS2. It's funny because it seems like Xbox really picked up a bigger share of the market when the next gen models (Xbox 360 and PS3) came out. Everyone went from loving the PS2 to hating the PS3 (at least where I am from). I didn't think that the PS2 was that bad.

I think these two systems were supposed to be on the same level, but I had both systems and they weren't. I think the game play for the exact same games were much better on the Xbox. I remember playing Grand Theft Auto on them and the PS2 was horrible. I wound up using the PS2 as a dvd player only.

Why would you play the same game on both systems? What would you gain by doing that? Its true that the xbox was visually superior to the PS2 but the graphics graphics of the PS2 were not that bad. Look at God of War or Metal Gear Solid Subsistence. They're beautiful. But aside from comparing their graphics, it would also be a lot better if they are judged based on the exclusive games that they had.

I got used to the PS2 because I bought it first but you're right, playing on the Xbox is much better. I still have my old PS 2 but I barely use it anymore.

Strange, every game I played on the PS2 looked better to me than the Xbox. I probably just played odd games. I'm more of a role playing gamer though so that might be the reason.

I enjoyed playing on the Xbox more than the PS2. Mainly because most of my friends would play Xbox for Halo. We had such a fun time on that game, unlike playing on the PS2. I feel that the PS2 is focused more for solo play, maybe that's just me.

I would have to give my vote to the PS2 overall - the graphics grew with the cycle of the system and ended up being quite spectacular by the time it ended - something I can't say as easily about the Xbox. Also the gameplay and game concepts were bigger and better on the PS2 in my opinion.

It's so hard to choose when it comes to sixth generation consoles, they were all so great. If I absolutely had to choose which of these consoles I'd be stuck with forever, I'd go with the Xbox, but I'd sorely miss some of the PS2 and Gamecube exclusives. Some multiplatform games were better on specific consoles as well, and I personally like the sixth gen GTA games better on PS2.

Id definitely have to go with the PS2 even though i moved on from that and went to Xbox Original pretty soon but PS2 had a lot more classics than Xbox did at the time and it was just the go to, reliable system. Ive had a lot of good times with that console but once i started using the Xbox i just never really came back. Id still have to vote PS2 though.

I have to with the PS2 here, I've owned both and I have to say that I have had much more fun times with my trusty PS2 with my multitap, just gaming for hours with my friends during the weekends.

The problem is that most of the Xbox exclusives could be found on another consoles or PC, so the PS2 already had the DVD reader going for it, but the library of games was mind blowing.

Oof that's a tough one I think overall I would have to go with Xbox only because it has the better games I think and also better graphics but the PS2 was resolutionary as well.

Original xbox is so much better then the ps2 crap :p
I actualy got both consoles.
But the original xbox got better online play,better graphics,better games and so on.

Xbox definitely had the superior technology of that gen. Every multi platform game looked better on Xbox than it did on the otehr consoles. PS2 on the other hand had the worst graphics of the generation. People forget that Gamecube was even better graphically than the PS2.

With that said, PS2 dominated in popularity. It had some great exclusives like Metal Gear Solid and the Final Fantasy series.

Back