Other Hobbies

Murray

From
Midwest US
Outside of gaming what do you do with your free time?

I like to run, I started a little over a year ago and have ran in a couple of races around the city. I say run but its more of a jog as I'm not overly fast. What I do like to do is run later at night when its sunset. Its really nice out and the heat isn't as bad. Its also very calming and a good way to get some exercise in.

What all do you guys do?

Anything involving working out or playing sports, I'm all in. I've gotten big into going to the gym this last year and lifting weights heavy. Outside of that, my personal interests tend to revolve around keeping up with sports. I'm a HUGE American football fan and anxiously awaiting the beginning of the season in college and pro. I also love basketball, and I'm eager to find out how these newest free agent moves in the NBA will work out this season.

I enjoy college basketball quite a bit and have played guitar for a long time as well. I've been invited to start go lifting weights with my buddies but until my work location is closer to their own, its kind of hard. I think that will change as summer dwindles towards September, but before that I still am an avid runner. I've also been thinking about taking up another art. Painting or something. I'm not sure, but I have a lot of interest I want to follow.

Graphic design. I can't make a living at it, but it's still fun to try to do it now and again. I've done a few things as favors for friends and a few things just for fun. It's a good exercise to expand my creative skills like that.

I enjoy programming. Right now I'm trying to learn Java for android development and I already know CSS/HTML pretty well. I also like skateboarding but recently haven't been because I tore a hole in my only pair of skating shoes and have no monies to buy some new ones!

Exercising. I ride my bike every day in the morning, it helps get the blood pumping and wakes me right up so I don't have to stain my teeth with coffee. Also, like any gamer, I love T.V and movies. Favorite T.V show would have to be Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy or Star Trek: Voyageur.

I play a lot of Ultimate Frisbee. As in a lot, I mean a solid nine years!

I love sports and being outside in the summertime. I used to workout at the gym a lot but recently I have been doing a strength circuit at a park near my house. I really enjoy working out outside and it's fun to change things up because I got really tired of simply lifting weights all the time. I am also a swimmer and enjoy training at the local pools. I just love being active and outside in the summer, the feeling is such a natural high when you're in the sun.

I am also a huge movie fan. I watch about one a day and I love reading about all the specific movie trivia on IMDB.

I play guitar, and have previously been in a band (I've only played one minor gig, but it was a great experience). I've been a skateboarder for about 8 years, and it's the only sport I've ever had any real interest in. I'm also a craft beer enthusiast, which doesn't really sound like a good or productive hobby, but there's actually an intricate process in brewing high-quality beer, and even for the consumer when discerning the flavors of a particularly complex beer.

I do a lot of writing and drawing. I've been working on a sci-fi book for a few years very off and on now. Video games are usually my Achilles Heel in productivity with anything in my life.. haha. When I'm on top of things though, I'm usually being fairly creative. Other than that I do a lot of hiking and a bit of camping, especially in Summer months like right now. So, I'm not totally indoorsy, and that's probably mostly due to my wife. :p

Back