Overall Thoughts On the Playstation Series

I think it is good that Sony is around. I don't play many Sony games anymore, but I am glad they are around. Competition always leads to better products. If we just had Nintendo, they could get complacent because there was no other options for consumers.

PS1 was great and the PS2 was king during its era. Competition between PS3 and 360 was much more closed and I think it comes down to personal taste there (regarding the controller and exclusives) but it's a very good console. I think the PS series is great so far and PS4 is looking strong.

Yeah i like the Playstation series for the most part. I think the colelction of games for the Playstation consoles have always been good, but the graphics for the Xbox systems and its games are still king.

The ps1 was a great console and the first truly dedicated 3d console that made gaming "cool" . The ps2 was awful and held the entire generation back with its horrible hardware , the image quality of most ps2 title is horrendous. The ps3 was o.k , a good console but nothing special, considering it was released a year after the 360 with no real extra horsepower .
Sony's first party output is the most overrated thing ever in gaming forums .

I think it is good that Sony is around. I don't play many Sony games anymore, but I am glad they are around. Competition always leads to better products. If we just had Nintendo, they could get complacent because there was no other options for consumers.

Yeah competition is always good for us as consumers because the console makers will try to put the best product possible.

I agree. Competition is what drives companies, people, etc. to do better, to produce a better product, etc. I think that there are strong points for each game company. Nintendo excels at games for children and everyone. They have some amazing franchises like Mario, Zelda, etc. that can't be touched. They aren't as concerned with graphics and aren't looking for the hardcore gamer, but I still continue to buy Nintendo products for some of the amazingly fun games that they have. I could play Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright all day and can't really think of a Sony or Microsoft product quite similar and as well produced.

Sony is definitely Microsoft's most direct competitor, but some of their exclusive titles kick butt (Uncharted being one of my favs) and Sony has always had a place in my family room throughout the years, especially before the Xbox consoles had come out.

PC gaming has been around for a loooong time and I think it's gaining a wider spread of fans again. For a while PC gaming was around, but seemed to be more WoW and other hardcore gaming (lots of MMOs, crazy amazing home built rigs, etc.) but I think that Steam has been doing a great job of bringing some more fans to PC gaming.

Then there is Xbox. Which is working to be an all in one entertainment/media device and has tons of great exclusive games and unique hardware (Kinect anyone?)

Without all of the competition to sell the most systems, come out with the next Halo (which is Titanfall IMO) or the next amazing piece of hardware (possibly Occulus Rift?), etc. I don't think we would have nearly as many of the amazing games/products that we do in the gaming industry at the moment.

End of looong jumble of thoughts.

I agree. Competition is what drives companies, people, etc. to do better, to produce a better product, etc. I think that there are strong points for each game company. Nintendo excels at games for children and everyone. They have some amazing franchises like Mario, Zelda, etc. that can't be touched. They aren't as concerned with graphics and aren't looking for the hardcore gamer, but I still continue to buy Nintendo products for some of the amazingly fun games that they have. I could play Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright all day and can't really think of a Sony or Microsoft product quite similar and as well produced.

Sony is definitely Microsoft's most direct competitor, but some of their exclusive titles kick butt (Uncharted being one of my favs) and Sony has always had a place in my family room throughout the years, especially before the Xbox consoles had come out.

PC gaming has been around for a loooong time and I think it's gaining a wider spread of fans again. For a while PC gaming was around, but seemed to be more WoW and other hardcore gaming (lots of MMOs, crazy amazing home built rigs, etc.) but I think that Steam has been doing a great job of bringing some more fans to PC gaming.

Then there is Xbox. Which is working to be an all in one entertainment/media device and has tons of great exclusive games and unique hardware (Kinect anyone?)

Without all of the competition to sell the most systems, come out with the next Halo (which is Titanfall IMO) or the next amazing piece of hardware (possibly Occulus Rift?), etc. I don't think we would have nearly as many of the amazing games/products that we do in the gaming industry at the moment.

End of looong jumble of thoughts.

I think PC gaming is going to become huge in the future. People are on the computer more than ever and i think with the way technology is, pc games are going to become more elaborate and exciting.

I still think that PS1 was the best of all of them. I really never got into PS2 and finally sold it to a friend of mine. I'm not all that fussy but after awhile PS2 became a torture chamber.

It's good that they are around and besides I do love that controller design.

Back