Xbox 360 Overheating issues?

A0130

Does anyone ever have any issues with your 360 overheating? The box itself gets really hot, I can't imagine it's good for the system.

Ours does, but I honestly can't tell if its the machine or if its the outlets upstairs. We've had the machine for about four years now. When it overheats it automatically shuts off. I feel the gray cord and it's really hot.

I think every device is bound to get hot sometimes, so all you can do is place it in a place that gets some breathing space. Also, clean the air entrances so that it doesn't overheat that easily. Just remember to turn the console off before you are doing it!

I try and keep my darn cat off of it, but it's like she thinks its a nice toasty place to nap :mad: I'm constantly dusting.

My 360 has never had any sort of overheating issues. I am really glad but also really surprised. Oh yeah, knock on wood and all that, heheheh.

I didn't notice ours doing it until fairly recently. Probobly the last three months.it's pretty random.

I can't say it's never happened, but it's surprisingly rare.

It does alright, but I make a point of using a laptop cooler. That really helps with the whole... powerplaying thing I have.

I have never had any problems with my Xbox 360 overheating. I don't play my 360 enough, to result in an overheating issue. I don't even have any fans hooked onto my 360, and I never run into any issues related to overheating.

I keep my Xbox 360 in a horizontal position and put four metal cubes underneath each of the four corners on the Xbox so that it has room to ventilate beneath and does not overheat as easy. My Xbox 360 has been operating for 3 years without issue like this, and I have never gotten any sort of error, no RROD at all.

The 360's have really changed over time. Their over heating capacities have really changed. The first one I had would heat just like you're saying it would. The newer one I have now doesn't and the games don't sound like its an aircraft carrier roaming the ocean. You could always pop the hard drive and clean it out. If the warranty is gone you could also look up youtube videos that show you how to open the console and give it a full cleaning. I don't know if you really want to to this, but I'm saying if you have a 6 or 7 year old system and you don't mind the possibility of it not changing the performance.

I have never noticed the console overheating before. I do know that this was a design flaw in earlier models...it was what was thought to cause the red ring of death in the original version, but I thought it was rectified in subsequent rollouts. My 360 has never shut off and though the console feels warm, I don't feel as though it was in jeopardy of overheating...maybe your fan needs to be cleaned out??

I have never had any problems with my Xbox 360 overheating. I don't play my 360 enough, to result in an overheating issue. I don't even have any fans hooked onto my 360, and I never run into any issues related to overheating.

Me neither. My console is just a bit hot, but I think it's normal.

My console gets really hot when playing Black Ops 2. I know all consoles get hot, but mine becomes really hot. Almost hot enough to keep your food warm if you put it on top of it.

I definitely ahd this issue with my Xbox 360. It got incredibly hot. hotter than any other console I have ever owned. I remember the original Xbox had a huge problem with this too. My friend's would always overheat during overnight gaming sessions.

Back