PC gaming in the future

Snegal

Now that the next generation is well underway, how do you see the next 5-10 years playing out for PC?

We have things like Steam machines and VR which should be in full swing in 5 years, will that mean an increase in PC gamers?

Free to play is dominating the industry now with games like LoL League of Legends has already dominated with a whopping 420 million dollars in revenue this past year. eSports will become more of an emphasis for game developers in the PC industry, and we will see free to play esports become something huge like it already has. You also have Steam and paid games growing, but watch out for Steam releasing more free to play games in the future to compete with other ftp games.

Free to play is dominating the industry now with games like LoL League of Legends has already dominated with a whopping 420 million dollars in revenue this past year. eSports will become more of an emphasis for game developers in the PC industry, and we will see free to play esports become something huge like it already has. You also have Steam and paid games growing, but watch out for Steam releasing more free to play games in the future to compete with other ftp games.
I just hope more companies look at fairer free to play policies. A lot of the stuff I have tried is essentially a demo until you have to buy something to remain competitive, which is frustrating.

Well, gaming in general for the PC will be at most, be battling on the technical side of gaming. Graphics and performance, maybe even VR. But as for the games, I think its going to be more on the indie market, since indie developers are now outright getting their games recognized and can go head to head with the big companies.

I see PC gaming turning 3D in the future. Movies and many TV programs are already in 3D and the same trend will be followed by games as well. Games will become more and more real in the years ahead.

Probably more realistic.
We can speak with our own voice and the game understands.
Walk into any were and talk with neighbours.
Etc...
Even if this is impossible to be implemented, I did love to play like it.

Back