PC Gaming Vs Consoles

dannyboy

Do you feel that PC gaming is better compared to gaming on the console? My friend said he loves gaming on both systems, but he prefers PC gaming because of the flexibility that comes with it. For instance, you can play a PC game anywhere as long as you have your laptop with you as opposed to a console where you usually have to be at home. What do you guys think?

There are too many threads with this topic. I feel it's useless to argue between which is actually better.
Both PC and Console has their strengths and weaknesses. They are two totally different things and shouldn't be compared. It's all just personal preference.

There are too many threads with this topic. I feel it's useless to argue between which is actually better.
Both PC and Console has their strengths and weaknesses. They are two totally different things and shouldn't be compared. It's all just personal preference.

I came into this thread to post something very similar, guess I got ninja'd!

I definitely agree that PC and consoles are very different and shouldn't be compared so much.

Pc games can be seen as better because you can play them even when you are not at home. If you have a laptop, you can play on!

There are no advantages for console despite exclusives. Controllers and TVs can be used with PCs too, PCs have more games, they are infinitely better in terms of processing power and graphical capabilities. They have a very flexible control scheme, most games allow you to bind any key to any action within a game. PCs have free online gameplay, different types of DRM and different types of VOIP software.

As I have always said PC vs console needs to be clear on which console you are referring. Also all of them have both disadvantages and advantages. Personally I do stick by the PC, its a much better answer than the current console war going. on. Also I do really hope that the rumoured Steam will bring its own console. So when the matter arises and people ask me which console is better Xbox or PS4 I can just look at them and smile with the answer Steam.

As I have always said PC vs console needs to be clear on which console you are referring. Also all of them have both disadvantages and advantages. Personally I do stick by the PC, its a much better answer than the current console war going. on. Also I do really hope that the rumoured Steam will bring its own console. So when the matter arises and people ask me which console is better Xbox or PS4 I can just look at them and smile with the answer Steam.

Steam is not a system to choose from. I do something similar, but i just say PC :p

Really? When it comes to strengths on a console, what strength does a console have that a PC can't do? What weakness does a PC have that a console can do?

at the start of this generation I would have said both platforms would have been equally balanced with shooters (first or third person), strategy and RTS games being better on a PC and then racing games, fighters and sports games being better on consoles due to the often terrible PC ports and generally better supported control options.

However now we are at the end of the console life cycle I find it hard to find a use for my consoles, every modern game I want to play of any genre runs great on my machine and having a stable 60 fps makes all the difference when most console games are now running at 30 fps or less.

I feel both have their advantages and disadvantages. Consoles are cheaper but PCs are more customizable. You can also do a lot more with a PC besides gaming like programming and designing and other work. I don't particularly think one is better than the other and I usually avoid these kinds of debates.

Back