Xbox One Penello "really, really sorry" that the Xbox One UI hasn't been publicly shown

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
As many of us have stated, we have yet to see a proper demonstration of the XB1 interface and dashboard. There have been leaks and videos, but that's hardly what we need and want. While our request have not fallen on deaf ears, don't expect any demos anytime soon.

We're only two months away from the launch of the Xbox One and Microsoft is still yet to show the user interface in a public manner. Yes, it has been demoed behind closed doors and only to members of the press with that, so today when members of NeoGAF asked Albert Penello, Senior Director of Product Management, why we're yet to receive a video demonstration of the UI, he responded with an apology.

"I'm really, really sorry about this," Penello started, "We've booked to do it a couple times, and my schedule hasn't allowed it. I wanted to get this demo out publicly sooner."

Unfortunately, he still doesn't have an answer as to when it will finally be shown.

"I'm not sure when it's going to happen," he concluded.

I find this a little worrisome considering many beta-testers have said the UI and dash have been buggy. What do you guys think?

Source: Examiner

It does worry me a little because the leaked video which showed an Xbox one console and dash had issues.. While all the demo from conferences has been shown from a pc devkit... That's my only concern

I feel they're keeping it on the down low in order to avoid further criticism. But I'm sure it will be fine by the time of release.

Well the consoles are already being built and palletized as most everyone saw those photos. So I am pretty confident its just a marketing ploy of somekind.

Back