Xbox 360 Petition to bring Kingdom Hearts HD to the Xbox 360

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
In the lead up to its release, PlayStation 3 gamers have already been treated to an HD remake of the first game and a couple of spinoffs in a recently released collection, and a followup, dubbed Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HDRemix, is set to launch later this year. Sadly, Xbox 360 owners have been hung out to dry, as Square has made no indication that either HD collection will branching out to a wider audience beyond PlayStation 3.

As such, a petition has been set up over at Change.org in order to get Square Enix to bring both Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix and its
forthcoming sequel to Xbox 360. There are currently 1,415 supporters. You can check out the petition right here.

Obviously, Kingdom Hearts has always been more of a Sony title than a Microsoft title. We all know that. Kingdom Hearts first came out on the PS2, after all. Now that Kingdom Hearts III is set to be released on the PS4 and Xbox One, gamers are petitioning Square Enix to release the HD titles on the 360.Is this something that you would like to see happen or is the 360 going to be dying out, making releasing this on the 360 pointless?

Source: GameRevolution

This would be a good thing to do for SE, considering that KH3 is coming to X1. I doubt anything will come out of it, though ...

I think it's rather pointless at this point. xbone is getting kh3 already and I'd assume that the games for 360 should start dying down. so to bring something as heavy hitting (this may be an overstatment as...well microsoft isn't exactly known for their rpg love) would just result in lesser sales

Hmmmm... this could be hard. Why not just bring it to the X1? By the time it comes, 360 is already a dying breed. More and more people are already transitioning to the X1 so yeah, might as well. But even then, Microsoft's got to negotiate to get the games from Sony since Sony is releasing the HD collection exclusively to the PS3. That's gonna be hard. But if they can, just put it on the X1. Be a great way to prepare the X1 for the story of KH3. I mean, seriously, even the new fans will be confused and wondering what is going on in KH3. Unless they make that feature in KH3D where they made a summary of the stories. Still, might as well release the HD collection on X1 if it has to be.

Nice idea but you have to realize that the 360 will be fading soon. And also, Microsoft's got to deal with Sony's exclusivity with the collection. I agree with the thedoodseven: just release it on the X1 if they have to do release for Microsoft. Well, if they can't release it on the X1, then make some summary feature like what they did in the KH3D on 3DS. Well, we'll see where this goes. Not saying it won't happen but it'll take some miracle to happen, with all these rights, agreements and issues lying around.

Good idea but I agree with the last two posters: just put it on the X1. By the time SE gets the deal, 360 is already fading away slowly. might as well get it bundled to the X1 if it needs to be. See, this is where backwards compatibility would be useful if they can get it released on the 360. Just the X1 is better.

I'd love to agree with the last posers here: bring it over to the X1. It may take a while though, since the 2.5 HD Remix is still getting worked on. But must they make it for the Xbox, just bring it to the X1. At the very least, the install base will grow and any gamer interested to play the KH3 will finally have something to play over while it's still getting done. But also, take note: SE RELEASES A NEW KH GAME EVERY YEAR. So next year, we may see if they have the plans to do it for the Xbox 360 or One.

But also, take note: SE RELEASES A NEW KH GAME EVERY YEAR. So next year, we may see if they have the plans to do it for the Xbox 360 or One.

Do they really? Not seeing it... at least not on consoles, there's only 4 games on consoles so far and that's the KH1, Re:Com, KH2 and KH3. Everything else has been on handhelds.

Do they really? Not seeing it... at least not on consoles, there's only 4 games on consoles so far and that's the KH1, Re:Com, KH2 and KH3. Everything else has been on handhelds.

Well, technically not a new one. I re-checked their statement and they said they vow to release a KH game every year. They did't specify if they would be new. Seeing as how the HD collections are getting released, starting with 1.5 HD REMIX last year, then their goal is to release a KH game, whether new or not. But then again, the KH collections feels new since it'll be the first appearance of the KH series on PS3. Those console entries PLUS the handhelds (except KH3D on 3DS) will now bundled for console playing on PS3. Now, if what SE does is true, what will their next release for the KH series be in 2015? That's a chance KH3 will be released. Or they might release maybe a prequel or a side story or something. Last chance is 2016.

SE is known to release at least one KH release every year. KH 1 (2002) and Chain of Memories (the GBA original) (2004) had a two year gap. Then after Chain of Memories, there was KH2 (2005) (USA: 2006) . Then after that, 2 years later, came the remake of the Chain of Memories (2007) (USA: 2008) on the PS2. After that, it was a yearly release. It had a mix of USA and Japan releases. 2008 was coded (mobile game), 2009 was 358/2 Days, 2010 was BBS, 2011 was an exception, where 2 KH releases were the BBS Final Mix and re:coded (USA and Japan), 2012 was KH3D and then 2013 was KH HD 1.5 Remix. 2014 is KH HD 2.5 Remix. The two HD remixes bring together the games I just mentioned sans KH3D for people to catch up on everything.

Now, what will 2015 bring to us? That's a chance for KH3 to be released. They may also give us a second KH release like they did back in 2011. But we still don't know yet. But I'm betting 2015 is the chance KH3 gets released. If not, 2016 is the last chance. So yes, like thedoodseven says, were betting on 2015 and 2016 to be the chances of KH3 to come out.

I don't know, it probably just seems like there's a KH every year when there actually hasn't been?

Not to look down on this but since when does a petition to anything actually worked? It's a pointless gimmick to get attention from the public. Almost no petition ever created has succeeded in getting what they want especially when it comes to gaming where publishers rarely give a crap what gamers want.

I don't know, it probably just seems like there's a KH every year when there actually hasn't been?

Literally, there is a KH every year. But when it comes to something new, well, SE hasn't been doing new games right after KH3D. There now re-releasing the KH games of consoles and handhelds into the HD remixes. But yes, I agree with thedoodseven, there was a time when SE said they were going to release AT LEAST 1 KH release. But unlike Ubisoft's goal to release an Assassin's Creed or Activision's goal to release Call of Duty every year, SE has this goal of going new and then re-releasing.

Not to look down on this but since when does a petition to anything actually worked? It's a pointless gimmick to get attention from the public. Almost no petition ever created has succeeded in getting what they want especially when it comes to gaming where publishers rarely give a crap what gamers want.

There have been a few petitions that worked but yeah, I can agree. But we'll see. Can't say it won't work.

If this petition doesn't work out, well, we'll have to leave it to SE to figure out how Xbox players can catch up to the story. 'Cuz boy will everybody have their work cut out for them if they don't know what is happening in KH3. Doesn't matter if the handheld KH are side-stories or main stories, every last KH game is as important as the next one.

The petition to bring Dark Souls to PC worked so well that Dark Souls 2 is using PC as the main version. The thing is that the fans were first told to show support and then the petition was created; it wasn't a random petition that noone asked for.

Things like Operation Rainfall can get things done. A petition works at it's best towards social change and at the bottom with neighbors who have grass that is three inches too high (meaning the person measuring trespassed). A gaming petition falls between the two, but much closer to grass being slightly too high.

Things like Operation Rainfall can get things done. A petition works at it's best towards social change and at the bottom with neighbors who have grass that is three inches too high (meaning the person measuring trespassed). A gaming petition falls between the two, but much closer to grass being slightly too high.

Yeah! I forgot about those. Yes, Operation Rainfall has, in fact, been successful, especially for the games like Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii. Well, let's see this petition make success. But really though, hope they can at least do it for the X1 since more and more people may transition. But who knows? We'll have to wait an dsee.

It's up there with rating EA as the worst company every year compared to its competition on a list of unsavory companies. #gamerpriorities

Back