Petitions to make Nintendo hardware region free.

Clark Bruce

Fans Petition Nintendo To End Region Locking - IGN

Nintendo has a long policy of having their systems be region locked and I guess now gamers are pretty tired of it. Since Microsoft has announced that the Xbox One will now be region free, Nintendo remains the sole company not to do so. So now an online petition is being started in order to see if Nintendo will change their polices on their systems. Let's see where it goes from here.

well I worked for microsoft so...seriously though I doubt it. Nintendo has just this sorta "feel" for Japan and it's kinda part of it's history at this point to have region locking. Whether it's getting rid of the tabs for a SNES and N64 or chiping your wii. It's kinda a thing.

I think Nintendo are killing themselves by not making their consoles region free. Its almost a bit like saying, 'you're not good enough to have the games we have, ha ha!'

For years, going all the way back to NES, JAP release games have always been %1000 cooler than the releases we have had over here (UK) and even the US releases have been better.

Importing a JAP console and JAP games to the UK just isn't serious and is way too expensive for the privilege. Plus, once you have a JAP console, you can't play any PAL games, so... Bit of a waste really unless you get two consoles... Like I said, waste.

My XBOX 360 is region free. I bought an NTSC version of Silent Hill Downpour and it works fine on my PAL console.

Back