Plants vs Zombies 2 - Back to the Past?

Esperahol

So in this sequel your buddy Crazy Dan manages to get sent back through time. You'll spend the game playing through different periods which include different mechanics. There are new zombies - Ra, Piano, Cannonball as well as new plants (Bonk Choy, Lightening Reeds). You can also do things like plant pea pods on the same square until you have a sort of makeshift gatling gun. This a great new addition that really expands on the original game - I can't wait to get my hands on this.

i started playing it last night on the ipad2.... its ehh.. im only up to the first stargate thing. i have unlocked a few of the plants.

i started playing it last night on the ipad2.... its ehh.. im only up to the first stargate thing. i have unlocked a few of the plants.

So what are your feelings about the game? Is it too slow, not enough fun, irritating? Also how much did it run you on the iPad? It sounds like a great expansion to me and so far the reviews seem to be fairly positive. I really think I'm going to get this.

irritating.... the game is free on ipad2.. im sure some of the game is locked but not till u get rather far in the game usually.

if you hve played the game previously im sure its very similar with a diffrent skin. i am only as far as the ability yo open the first stargate.. i hve unlocked 4 plants iirc and 2 sun stars..

at the point where i am at you can go back and play the first stage with the ability to collect 3 stars so say each level has 20 missions you potentially have 60 variations of it with diffrent senarious..
things like kill 20 zombies in 15 secnds or dont let the zombies eat the grass or herb garden.

it may be diffrent for the ipad2 a little... since its an app and they want money for added stuff you can buy diffrent plants and variousthings on the store front with real cash...

but its ok their is no time limit or death allotment like candy crush or real3 racing.

depending on price go for it i use it to kill time during the day lol.

Is it true that this game has gone to a minitransaction model? I read on a website that they believed to get all the unlocks you would have to pay around $23 and the first game cost $20.

I loved the first game. I played through it once but wasn't able to complete a Yeti run on that game, wish I had, just didn't have enough time to do it. I thought it was really super clever, so I'm hoping that everything just isn't transactional locks and you can somehow get the unlocks through gameplay. I hate when its $ only unlocks.

Is it true that this game has gone to a minitransaction model? I read on a website that they believed to get all the unlocks you would have to pay around $23 and the first game cost $20.

I loved the first game. I played through it once but wasn't able to complete a Yeti run on that game, wish I had, just didn't have enough time to do it. I thought it was really super clever, so I'm hoping that everything just isn't transactional locks and you can somehow get the unlocks through gameplay. I hate when its $ only unlocks.

You can complete the game with most content for no funds. In fact you all the new stuff is completely free - some of the old favorites however will cost cash. It really isn't so bad, but I can see why'd they would give it a try.

I was considering getting it. I play very few games on my ipad (some burger making game, words with friends, battleship, polar bowler, office jerk) so I wanted to try something different.

I was considering getting it. I play very few games on my ipad (some burger making game, words with friends, battleship, polar bowler, office jerk) so I wanted to try something different.

check out
real racing 3 (awsome ipad game)

Being honest i have never been a fan of the series well plants vs zombies anyway i enjoyed 1 maybe a little but i have never been able to get into them i'm more of a TD guy (tower defense) like balloons.

I kind of liked the first one and i managed to finish it on the PC when the GOTY edition came out, but i don't think this sort of game needs a sequel. Like Angry Birds, its one of those things that should have started and died right there.

I kind of liked the first one and i managed to finish it on the PC when the GOTY edition came out, but i don't think this sort of game needs a sequel. Like Angry Birds, its one of those things that should have started and died right there.

Hmm... the way I see it this really isn't the same situation. PVZ has always had more depth to it than AB, and PVZ hasn't milked the situation to death. This is one sequel after X number of years versus say the many, many editions of like AB. Also this is a big shake up in terms of gameplay and whatnot. I would suggest giving it at least a try, before consigning it to die because "casual" sucks.

The game has a much higher replayability than Angry Birds. But yeah, unless they change the game play significantly, there is just no point playing the sequel. I don't think just a few new plants are enough to make me try this.

I really liked playing Plants vs. Zombies on my iPod, it one of the few apps that I like playing. However, now with the second game they charge actual money to buy items such as plants. The game itself is not that bad, I enjoy playing it occasionally. I'm happy they made a sequel, but the fact that that it costs money to really advance in the game annoys me. I haven't spent a dime on the game yet, but I have a strong feeling I will soon enough.

The game has a much higher replayability than Angry Birds. But yeah, unless they change the game play significantly, there is just no point playing the sequel. I don't think just a few new plants are enough to make me try this.

Yes, they have changed the game play significantly. How you advance through a level depends on many things for instance the mining level has a limited number of carts that you can move around for combat. There are many new kinds of zombies as well as plants - a lot of new minigames. Maybe check it out?

I really liked playing Plants vs. Zombies on my iPod, it one of the few apps that I like playing. However, now with the second game they charge actual money to buy items such as plants. The game itself is not that bad, I enjoy playing it occasionally. I'm happy they made a sequel, but the fact that that it costs money to really advance in the game annoys me. I haven't spent a dime on the game yet, but I have a strong feeling I will soon enough.

You can get through the entire game without spending a time. The only money you'll end up spending is money you want to spend. Please just give the game a chance before deciding to hate it because of whatever.

It's free. I'm enjoying it. If it gets to a point where I have to spend money, well, then I'm done. In the meantime though, I'm enjoying some of the new challenges and plants. It's a great time waster :)

Back