Playstation 3, Blu-Ray and High Definition

gamesgalore

I know that the Playstation 3 has a Blu-Ray player. Is it HD ready/compatible, too? I hate to ask a "dumb question", but I'm still using a regular DVD player here at the house, so I don't know if all Blu-Ray players are also high-def or not.

I have caught a few ads saying that it can be but it reads like its an additional package you need to purchase with the console. Honestly I am not really sure, we would be interesting in the HD ready deal but not as much on the Blu-ray (no real need).

As far as I know, it isn't. I did some research and here's an answer I found on the official ps3 forum: Because EVERYONE can play standard definition...not everyone has hi-def yet...

That's rubbish. They could've made it hd ready though, with the option to play both standard def and high def. This is another reason for not liking Playstation as much as I like the XBOX. :D

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the PS3 is HD ready. All you need is an HD ready television and an HDMI cable. The cables used to be real expensive but they've gotten a lot cheaper over the last year and a half. Now go and buy some good bluray movies. I recommend The Avengers. It might also be a good idea to purchase the optional remote control to make it easy to play your DVD/bluray discs.

I own a PS3 (yes. yes. I'm sorry #notsorry). It's totally high-def!! Just need a good TV and an HDMI cable. It also comes with RCA cables to connect it to a standard TV/monitor.

Back