Playstation 3 Pros and Cons

sunkist2012

We have been thinking about buying a Playstation 3 for a while now - right now we just have a PS2. I think one of Playstation 3's major "Pro" features is the fact that it's also a Blu-Ray DVD player. However, the fact that PS3 is not completely backwards compatible is a major "Con" for me - our PS2 won't last forever and how will we play those games then?

In your opinion, what are some other Pros and Cons of the Playstation 3?

Pros over 360-
You can get a remote
Blueray
No cost for PSN
Cons-
Not as much people have them
Controller isn't as good.

I doubt I could do anything with a crappy controller, that would be a big reason for me to not get one. That and the blue-ray we honestly have no use for it and that was the first reason we passed ours up.

I'd say the pros are a free online gaming experience, a few quality PS3-exclusive games, the Move (it might not have a lot of games to offer, but it's something different), and the Blu-ray player (if that matters to you).

The cons include an absolute crap controller, a less satisfying achievement system, and the fruitlessness of buying an additional console if you already have a great one like the 360.

Thanks, everyone. :~) I hadn't even thought about the fact that the PS3 live network is free, but that's definitely a Pro. I'm not really jazzed to hear that the controllers are crappy though; I was actually hoping that they would have improved them over the PS2 controllers. PS3 does have some good Playstation-only games though - like God of War 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4 - and I would like to have a Blu-Ray player, since non Blu-Ray DVDs are getting harder to come by at our local Wal Mart. I just don't know if I can justify the price tag!

Back