Xbox 360 Portable Xbox?

Pamalala

Do you think that Microsoft will ever release a handheld, like how Playstation and Nintendo have both consoles and handhelds? I'm kind of surprised that haven't already released one, to be honest!

I figured, if Xbox was going to release a handheld, they would have released one by now. I have never heard of Xbox wanting to
venture into handheld games. Has anyone heard of anything different?

they don't sell well. how many people do you know actually have a DS or a PSP? they don't, they have ipods, ipads and kindles. there's no market in handheld gaming

I don't think they will. The market for handhelds is declining and will eventually stop. It would make sense if it did. I mean, who would 40 dollars for a handheld game when you can get a similar if not the same game on a home console? Plus, games on the iphone and android are either free or a small price compared to dedicated game consoles. I think it's a smart for microsoft to stay away from handhelds.

I don't think Microsoft is going to make a handheld. They simply don't see the market for it. Handhelds are popular, but not as popular as consoles. I bet they think that as well.

Nowadays, as someone else said, tablets, iPods, and things like this are more common than portable gaming systems are.
I haven't played my DS much in the last couple years. I played it when it first came out though.
Microsoft doesn't need to make a portable gaming system because they're making money elsewhere.
If I recall correctly, they have a tablet as well.

Yes, their Surface tablet is launching at the end of this month. Unfortunately it is way too high in price. I'm not sure how they're going to compete with tablets that are half the price of the Surface.

Yes, their Surface tablet is launching at the end of this month. Unfortunately it is way too high in price. I'm not sure how they're going to compete with tablets that are half the price of the Surface.

How high is it? I don't generally keep up with the prices. It cannot be more expensive than the iPad, can it?
There's still going to be a lot of people who buy it just because they are Microsoft follows (like Apple).
The price will also drop eventually.

With so many handheld devices on the market, Microsoft may be a little bit reluctant. If given a choice between a handheld console and a tablet, which will you choose? Most people would choose a tablet. I bet if Microsoft would ever release a handheld device for gaming, it would look a lot like a tablet and function a lot like one too.

I feel as though if they were going to, it would have happened already. Not that I have some insane doubt, it's definitely still possible but if they had some set plan for it, it would have released years back. Maybe they'll change their mind in the future, that would be neat since I'd love to see what they'd come up with.

Some of you are bringing up tablets and phones and this and that but a lot of gamers don't like playing touch screen games. There's some great ones out there and it's fun but the touch screen game world will NEVER overlap or eliminate typical handheld gaming. It's just two separate categories and there's nothing wrong with that, that's a good thing, nothing needs to be REPLACED.

They offer a few different tablets. Most of them have a few different features, but they're all the same in essence. They range from $600-$900 per tablet.

With so many handheld devices on the market, Microsoft may be a little bit reluctant. If given a choice between a handheld console and a tablet, which will you choose? Most people would choose a tablet. I bet if Microsoft would ever release a handheld device for gaming, it would look a lot like a tablet and function a lot like one too.

It probably depends on what you want it for. Would you be wanting games like consoles or flash games/apps such as Angry Birds?
Do you want it for gaming or for other uses too?
These are things that would decide between what someone would choose. They do have a tablet on the market, as we said before.

I believe, marketing issues aside, Microsoft had a picture of where they would like to see gaming at. The company feels that the console meets their expectations so well. And as a member pointed, if it was in their plan, it would be out there by now.

Back