Xbox One Powerstar Golf

rkkeller

Old School casual player.
From
NJ
If anyone is looking for a cheap Xbox One title that is simple and fun to play, Powerstar Golf might be for you.

I was never going to get it, but a friend kept talking about golf, so for $20 I figured I would give it a shot.

The graphics are nice, but your not going to be wowed out of your shoes like with BF4 or Ryse and there are not
a lot of controls like other golf games, but I was shocked when I realized I had played it a couple hours.

Some of of the speech gets repetitive after a while and things like that, but it's worth a look at $20 as long
as your looking for a simple fun time killing game and not a real simulation.

Is this game available at all major stores for $20? I have been looking for a golf game and don't want to cough up $60 for EA's Tiger Woods golf.

knightmare has been playing it as well as you. ive seen in my feeds.

game looks good. i loved he wi gold and its on par with that.

Is this game available at all major stores for $20? I have been looking for a golf game and don't want to cough up $60 for EA's Tiger Woods golf.

Only online and only for the Xbox One.

knightmare has been playing it as well as you. ive seen in my feeds.

game looks good. i loved he wi gold and its on par with that.

I played against him "somehow". The game finds your friends and you can play against them
or even their old games if they are not online. It must save everything somewhere.

Does anyone know if we can use two controllers with this game? We can't seem to be able to get it done so we are passing the one back and forth
across the room. Sort of annoying if it isn't necessary.

I have won some clothing but cant figure out how to change my golfers cloths, plz help?!?!?! I see other players in rival mode in different clothing how?

Go to your Golfer Setup / Caddie Setup, find the golfer or caddie you won the clothing for, and the LB/RB buttons should allow you to change between items of clothing.

Does anyone know if we can use two controllers with this game? We can't seem to be able to get it done so we are passing the one back and forth

I do not think it is possible. I read somewhere that it is setup so you need to pass the controller around.

I sent a few friend request, so maybe we can play or challenge each other.

***Rival Matches***

1. When I play rival matches, do the other players actually get the exp it says they got while we played?
1b. If so, I would assume I also get exp points when other do rival games I'm in even if I'm not online. So, my questions is how do I know if I played in any rival games? How do I know I actually got the exp points?

2. I'm currently level 34, I've unlocked a lot of gear with coins and earned exp, it would seem however that the game get exponentially harder then the equipment gets better, anyone else notice this?

3. I'd love to see a live player online mode, I used to LOVE Hotshots golf on the PS2, the online multiplayer and ability to actually talk trash via headset made it amazing.

Overall great game so far.

I have a lot of fun, but once in a while zone out and forget to click the power and really get a bad shot.

When on the local multiplayer setup, you should add another player with the controller for that player. The players are paired with the controller that added them.

Someone please help me understand this. I know you get a bonus for matching equipment from the same brand all at once, but there seems to be some kind of system for helping you figure out how much a bonus you are receiving, or what you still need to get. Anyone else confused by this? Some clubs have circles underneath, and some don't. Some of those circles are filled in, some have little circles inside them, and I can't find any help on what the heck these things mean. Anyone figured it out yet? Also, what the heck is the use of getting different outfits for each golfer/caddy? You spend 60k on top-notch gear, and end up with a nice little outfit for Frank, oh, and one for you caddy too--nice! What? Does it have any purpose at all? Frustrated.....

I found the answer, and I'd love to share it, but the forum won't let me post a link.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/try-this-xbox-one-arcade-golf-game-for-free/1100-6419805/

A free version of Xbox One-exclusive arcade golf game Powerstar Golf is now available to download, allowing anyone to try the game before they buy. If you're at school or work, you can queue up your download right now from from the Xbox Marketplace.

an option for a free trial is up... its not the full game but progress/achievements will transfer over if you choose to get the full version. i think at some point this will be a games with gold

Back