Xbox 360 Pre-sales

Jules

Do you ever go to pre-sale events for games? I went with a friend to get the new Batman game last night and there really wasn't anybody there at all. I guess a lot of people just don't care about getting it first.

I have never been to a pre-sale before. What happens when you go to one? Do you just stand around and talk? I think I would just wait until later, to buy a game.

Is this like waiting in a line at midnight for the game to be released? I posted a thread about this already. I have pre-bought DVDs before but that is just where you pay $5 to have them hold it for you and then you get it the day it comes out.

I have never been to a pre-sale before. What happens when you go to one? Do you just stand around and talk? I think I would just wait until later, to buy a game.

At a pre-sale event it really depends on how popular the game is and how many people are pre-ordering it. Some people hang out and talk or play games. Some people just come at midnight, grab the game, and leave. Some people will even dress up. At the one I went to, somebody was dressed up as Joker.

I've pre-bought games before, but only at online stores. I've never done it in person, though I think it's a useful practice if you want the game sooner rather than later.

I've pre-bought games before, but only at online stores. I've never done it in person, though I think it's a useful practice if you want the game sooner rather than later.

I like that with some pre-orders from certain stores you can get the game on opening day sometimes. They allow the store to ship it out to you early. That's sometimes better than spending time in line.

I've gotten some games early from Amazon before, because I've pre-bought them and...I guess they wanted to be really nice and send them out early. :D I haven't gone to an event in person, though. What do you do at a pre-sale event? Just pick up your game?

What do you do at a pre-sale event? Just pick up your game?

It depends on the game's popularity and how many people they expect to show. Some of the bigger cities, like LA or NYC will have whole events for games. They will have competitions, games, costume contests, and things like that.

I've been to a couple of pre-sales events a few years ago, but mainly because my brother insisted on going. There was nobody dressed up and the atmosphere was quite boring. Lately, I've prefered to pre-buy the games at online stores. Maybe if some very important game is launched, I'll go to its pre-sale event, but other than that - no...

I've been to a couple of pre-sales events a few years ago, but mainly because my brother insisted on going. There was nobody dressed up and the atmosphere was quite boring.

That's no fun! I like when stores make the extra effort to make the event fun. Otherwise it doesn't seem like there's a point. And they wonder why more people are buying online than in the store!

With the pre-sales events, they need to either go big or go home. That doesn't necessarily mean spending an extravagant amount of money. However, you need to be creative and know how to engage people. Sometimes, the marketing department is asleep at the switch.

I have only done it for two games and one was on monday night for BF3. It was actually pretty cool. There were these guys there all dressed up in army gear and they had paintball guns that looked like real assault weapons. They went through some simulations so it was pretty cool to watch. There were a ton of people there for this midnight release.

With the pre-sales events, they need to either go big or go home. That doesn't necessarily mean spending an extravagant amount of money. However, you need to be creative and know how to engage people. Sometimes, the marketing department is asleep at the switch.

I agree. If you're going to have an event to promote a game, you should make that event fun! That's why I liked the Harry Potter book release parties so much. You not only got the newest book, but you had fun doing it, too.

Back