Price check on a used console

Discussion in 'Original Xbox Console' started by spirited, May 25, 2012.

1. spirited

spirited New Member

I've never had an original Xbox because when I started gaming the 360 was already out. That being said, I did manage to acquire some old consoles such as the original NES, the SNES and a PlayStation 1. I am now looking to add the original Xbox console to that collection but I don't know what the average price for a used console is. I would also be interested in a completely new one but I'm betting those are really expensive now.

2. Gamers Elite

Gamers Elite New Member

I sold my xbox for £40 if that helps, got the 250gb one for £150 now though :)

3. Craig

Craig New Member

I actually gave mine away, and so did some of my friends. For £30-£40 it's not really worth it. You can check out prices on Ebay or similar websites that sell stuff like this, you might run into a great dela if you're lucky.

4. save27

save27 New Member

I would probably be willing to sell mine for around $50, I wonder if anyone would buy it for that much? It works perfectly fine and is in very good condition despite the fact that it is used.

5. Xbox Free

Xbox Free Banned

I sold mine 100€

6. TheViper

TheViper New Member

USA
    Since you are talking about the original xbox and not the 360. The price will be significantly lower as no one really buys it anymore. I would say that you can find one for around $40.

7. BlackSolaris

BlackSolaris New Member

It really depends, but you can get a cheap one for like 30 bucks if you are lucky, and might even get one or two controllers.

8. cmilliken

cmilliken New Member

Most video game stores, like Gamestop, offer a used original Xbox console for about seventy dollars. If you were to sell your own, you'd probably get about thirty dollars. That's a little low, so eBay might be the better route.

9. TheViper

TheViper New Member

USA
    eBay is the best route for something like this. Don't fall for the GameStop crap. They will literally tell you a game is worth $10 while smirking. Then sell it for $25.

10. Vali07

Vali07 New Member

Not very much and as already mentioned here eBay will be your best friend for this one.

11. Vali07

Vali07 New Member

Not very much and as already mentioned here eBay will be your best friend for this one.

12. michaelm9945

michaelm9945 New Member

I sold mine for £100

13. Dame6089

Dame6089 New Member

Just go to yard sales and stuff like that. you will find it for something like 20 bucks probably. I would strongly suggest that you get it soon though because it will start becoming more collectible in the years to come.