Xbox 360 Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Reviews

How would you rate Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands?

• 5 - Excellent

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 - Not worth playing

• Total voters

kevin

Contributor
Below you can find the reviews for Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. If you have any questions that the reviews didn't answer, start a new thread on the forum. Played the game already? Rate it above and tell us why you did or didn’t like it. Better yet, write your own user review!

8 out of 10 - IGN
Read the full review here: Direct Link
Forgotten Sands is much better than the 2008 Prince of Persia, but still not as great as Sands of Time – the game it so obviously seeks to recapture the spirit of. The story and visuals are unimpressive, but the combat and platforming are good enough that anyone who's been longing for another PoP game since 2005's Two Thrones is in for a treat.

8 out of 10 - Game Informer
The Forgotten Sands is a conceptual step back for the franchise, but for once that’s not a terrible thing. The Sands of Time trilogy was hugely entertaining, and this return to that formula puts a great face on the franchise to new series converts while pleasing old fans with a return to form.

7.5 out of 10 - Game Spot
The prince's high-flying adventure is marred by camera issues and weak combat, but the excellent platforming is still loads of fun.

3 out of 5 - Joystiq
It's an echo of the past, a reminder of the good and the bad. If you have fond memories of The Sands of Time or The Two Thrones, hold onto them. Go back and play those games. Relish the original's elegance and the third game's improved pacing and combat -- The Forgotten Sands will only remind you that they are better games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed this game primarily for the the combat and the platforming. The Final Climb was challenging the first time around, but a few falls and I had it down. All in all, I enjoyed PoP TFS, even if it's true that it wasn't as good as other PoP titles. The power ups were fun to employ too.

Back