Xbox One Probably a stupid question but can I connect Sky TV to Xbox one then into AV?

Fergie

Hi all. As the title suggests I am wondering if I can connect my Sky TV into the Xbox One and then the Xbox One into my AV receiver and then listen with headphones through the receiver while gaming? Presume I can, right?

Not a stupid question at all Fergie!

So it really depends on if your Sky TV set-top box has an HDMI out on it. If it does, then you just go:

Sky TV -> Xbox One -> Receiver -> TV

The catch here is that while you are gaming you have to snap TV in, which would make the screen a little smaller to snap in the TV app. And you do bring up an interesting question. Can you toggle which device outputs sound, or does it mix it together? I doubt I'll get an answer but I'll tweet a couple people and see if I can find out.

Thanks. i had a look and the Sky box only has the one hdmi but it is supposed to work with xbox one so it will probably still work when through the av i'd imagine?

Thanks. i had a look and the Sky box only has the one hdmi but it is supposed to work with xbox one so it will probably still work when through the av i'd imagine?

Right. You chain the Sky box into the Xbox One, then take that out to the A/V receiver. And then take the receiver to the TV.

BTW, Albert Penello did answer my question:

https://twitter.com/albertpenello/status/378284779860262912

Michael Mullis @mmullisNLT
@albertpenello Do you have a moment for a question about the snap feature? If I snap TV while playing a game, can I toggle source audio? - 12 Sep

Albert Penello @albertpenello

@mmullisNLT Not at launch. We mix the audio between the two streams. - 10:31 PM - 12 Sep 13

The HDMI was designed and created for you to plug your cable in so that you can take advantage of the X1 voice command new guide bar. But As for as I know the HDMI in on the X1 will work with anything. It's a Video In input, so you can plug your 360 in there, or our PS4 if you want.. lol

Back