Xbox 360 Problems with booting

SilentJay18

From
Gilbert,Az
I havent Turned my xbox on in a couple month and I went to watch a movie and it and went to turn it on and it started up but didnt boot up. The green light in the middle comes on but nothing else happens. I can hear the fan is on so i know its on. I did try disconnecting all the cables and plugging it back in but still got nothing. I did a little research and some said it could b my gpu but wanted to see if anyone one here had any better suggestions. If there is a thread on this already just point me in that direction but all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Call Microsoft and see if there is a way to fix it over the phone. I know, I know, you'll probably be talking to some Indian guy named "Bill" (not his real name, but a fake name they give him) who you might have a hard time understanding. However, they've recently made some repairs free (if you even need a repair).

I would call the support line. When ours had problems they sent us a box to ship it to them in and they fixed it for free.

Assuming you called support by now but you might also try a different cable type. For example if you are using HDMI you can switch to component. Sometimes the 360 might be putting out a signal your TV might now like. You didn't mention which 360 you had either. When you turn it on do you get any sound output? If on HDMI switch to either component or rca, the sound should be output as a analog signal at that point and then you will know its the gpu.

Failure to boot is a problem with the processor of the console. This can be corrected by simply blowing the dust out or raising the temperature of the room if it was too cold. I hope that helps.

Back