Xbox One Problems with xbox one and an old rca tv

hopstr

I have always had problems with my xbox fitting the screen of my TV. But the only two out of four provided aspect ratios that my TV has are either 1. Barely to large for the xbox. Or 2 so large that I can't even see half the screen. This is largely because of how old my tv is but I think that the xbox one could provide some on system calibration so its not all left up to the tv. Something similar to what kind be found ingame where you can adjust the screen via slider.

I know of other people suffering from the same problem, who I found while browsing the forum people with older or somewhat strange tvs which either do not support the change of aspect ratio or picture size or those that the settings provided do not fit the tv they are made with (like mine).
I think it's an oversight by Microsoft not to have a slider to fit the xbox screen to the tv. They instead expect the tv to be adjusted to fit the xbox. I know you can change the xbox's resolution, however when changing the resolution rather than getting a slightly smaller screen I get a screen about the size of a laptop monitor.

Back