Xbox One Professional Halo player Eric Hewitt joins 343 Industries

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Halo developer 343 Industries has hired professional gamer Eric "GH057ayame" Hewitt, best known for competing as part of Team Carbon.

Hewitt finally broke his silence on social media over the weekend after uploading a photo of a flight ticket suggesting the pro-gamer was headed to the Seattle-based studio. Later, his profile biography was updated to confirm his part in the 343 Industries team. We've contacted the studio for details on what exact role Hewitt will play in the development of the franchise's next entry.

Source: Polygon

I guess getting payed to play the games you love just isn't enough for some people, so instead they turn to working for those very games. This is an interesting approach by 343 and not the first time they hire professional gamers. It will be interesting to see what role he plays going forward.

I guess getting payed to play the games you love just isn't enough for some people, so instead they turn to working for those very games. This is an interesting approach by 343 and not the first time they hire professional gamers. It will be interesting to see what role he plays going forward.

Haha. I hope I was good enough to be hired by the gaming companies. Well lucky him he got something he wanted. A job and an opportunity to play.

Lucky guy, he gets to play the game and at the same time earn money plus a free flight. What the, I want to be in his shoes. Haha. Man, that's like a dream come true for a gamer like him. Well at least we get to see him in action again. I guess his opinions will help improve the game.

This makes me very happy. He's been really involved with the competitive Halo 4 events and understands the competitive side of Halo. Hopefully he can kick around 343 a little bit and get rid of all these "call of duty" like aspects of Halo 4 (load outs, armor abilities, sprint, etc). Or at the very least have them integrate a competitive playlist and actually have visible skill ranks that matter.

And please Eric, tell them to get rid of the jetpack. Please.

This makes me very happy. He's been really involved with the competitive Halo 4 events and understands the competitive side of Halo. Hopefully he can kick around 343 a little bit and get rid of all these "call of duty" like aspects of Halo 4 (load outs, armor abilities, sprint, etc). Or at the very least have them integrate a competitive playlist and actually have visible skill ranks that matter.

And please Eric, tell them to get rid of the jetpack. Please.

I just wish Eric was on this forum so he can read our thoughts. Yeah the jetpack definitely has to go.

Professional Halo player huh? I cannot imagine how much of the game this guy has to play, and it makes me wonder if he has any ties to the game outside of playing it a lot? Is he involved in the development or anything like that? Something about the title just seems to me like he would be, but then again I could just be completely wrong...it would certainly not be the first time.

Back