PS4 preferred by 80% of consumers, according to poll

Clark Bruce

PS4 preferred by 80% of consumers, according to poll -- PlayStation Universe

In recent polls conducted that ask which systems gamers are most looking forward to, the PS4 is usually ahead, in some cases taking the lead by as much as 80%. This is some very interesting news, as the polls not only include the Xbox One but also the Wii U. So while nothing is official, it certainly seems like Sony and the PS4 will be taking the lead for this next generation of consoles.

...And? The thing about polls is that they only represent a sample of any group. And not only do they only represent a sample - they represent the most vocal sample. Also this poll is coming from PlayStation Universe... now if it were coming from Xbox Today or Nintendo Weekly I might be more inclined to care about it. I mean it seems like there is some rather obvious bias at work here. That said I'm sure many consumers are looking forward to the PS4.

Personally i don't think any poll really matters. As an avid gamer, i am looking forward to both systems coming out and i am excited about the collection of games that both systems are going to have.

@ dannyboy

There is no need for that kind of maturity on these boards. Using good spelling and reasonable grammar - there is only room for Fanboying idiocy... Not really - I'm glad you're able to be an adult-like individual about this. I mean it is only gaming.

These polls don't really mean anything, and I'm looking forward to the PS4 over X1. But really, they don't really mean anything. It takes a sample but that doesn't mean its necessary reliable. There is one thing that is better to gauge the interest of consumers when it comes to PS4 and X1: pre-orders. And from what I've heard, they both have had similar amounts of pre-orders.

Online polls are the worst, by the way. Fanboys tend to rush towards them to ensure their choice wins. They find ways to cheat to vote more than one time and crap like that.

While I'm not sure if this is indicative that the PS4 will be more popular than the One, it does give me hope. I don't want to see the One flop, but I do want Microsoft to see where they went wrong, and Sony ought to be rewarded for making the right decisions.

Back