Original Xbox Question about GTA: San Andreas PS2 and Xbox versions.

Haze

Former Moderator
From
Australia
Does the Xbox version look better then the Playstation 2 version?

Reason I ask this is because I remember playing the PS2 version on a smaller TV (I think a 51cm TV) and thought it looked good, but recently I hooked up the PS2 to my 106cm HD TV and I find the game hard to play due to the graphical difference with having a bigger TV. SO I was wondering if the Xbox version looked better then the PS2 version?

Thanks in advance.

I think the Xbox version of GTA San Andreas looks a lot prettier than the PS2 version. It also plays a lot smoother. This is because the Xbox has a more powerful hardware as compared to the Playstation 2. Aside from the graphics though, both games play quite the same.

Ah cool. Thanks. Been looking for a copy but it's pretty expensive just for a second hand copy from Ebay. Around the $30-40 mark (AU dollars)

I think the Xbox version of GTA San Andreas looks a lot prettier than the PS2 version. It also plays a lot smoother. This is because the Xbox has a more powerful hardware as compared to the Playstation 2. Aside from the graphics though, both games play quite the same.

Yes, I read a magazine review where the review compared both versions side by side. The photos of the Xbox version looked more polished, the surfaces of cars look shinier, the sun and lighting look better. I noticed as well that copies of San Andreas for XBox are more rare and expensive than copies for PS2. You can get San Andreas for PS2 for $5, but on Xbox it's like $40. I guess there were fewer copies of that version sold, so there are fewer used ones floating around.

Back