Xbox One Rainbow 6: Patriots could be on the Xbox 720?

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Well, even though the Rainbow 6: Patriots debut trailer was released about a year ago, which would, IMO, made it seem like it would be coming to the 360, it sounds like that may not be the case. Polygon reported recently that Ubisoft's CEO, Yves Guillemot, has reported that the development team has been working hard Rainbow Six: Patriots, but it sounds like it will likely be an Xbox 720 title.

When asked if the game will be a next generation title, Guillemot said he couldn't confirm that but "there's a good chance it can be."

The game is still listed as a 2013 title for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

[video=youtube;kLhALiOnvs8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kLhALiOnvs8[/video]

This is totally reminding me a bit of the Showtime series Homeland. Where the "True Patriots" are some of our own citizens that are acting out for a cause they believe in, although in a crazy, over the top way. Agree/disagree? Anyways, it's been way too long (2008) since the last Rainbow 6 (Vegas 2) console game and I'm ready for this to get here anytime. Although if they are fine tuning it to make it as wonderful and re-playable as Vegas 2, then that's fine by me too. I mean, what other game do I own that is that old that friends and I actually still play? I can get a few friends and jump into Terrorist Hunt mode and be happy for hours. It just doesn't get old!

I don't like the sound of that. That means they'll be lazy and port the stuff they've already created for this gen onto the next gen rather than give the newer systems proper versions of the game.

Back