RAM and VRAM

There's no real reason to clean or clear RAM. RAM is wiped every time you shut down or restart. Now there is a cache that sometimes needs to be flushed and the way to do that is use the hard 'Restart Console' found by a long press of the lit up big X button on your controller.

Thanks agreed but I have found with PS Consoles they never clean it properly and it clogs up and slows down over time. Does Reset wipe it?

'Restart Console' actually will do a hard restart and will take a little longer for the Xbox Series console to boot back up. It will wipe the cache and allot of times this will help with problems in games and apps. Just turning off or shutting down the Xbox Series console doesn't refresh this cash as you must use the 'Restart Console' feature to do refresh the cache.

Turn on your XBSX or XBSS either by the using the power button on the console or by using your Xbox controller. Once your Xbox is booted up (you do not need to log into your account to do this), using the Xbox controller, hold the lit up big X in the center top of your controller until the "What do you want to do?' screen pops up. On the right side of the screen is the "Restart console'. click that and follow the prompt to restart your Xbox. This method will clear the software cache for games and apps.

Not all the game and app issues are because of the cache, there are sometimes other bugs and glitches that take Microsoft and developers to intervene with and fix with future updates and patches. For this, you can submit a report about the issue using the same 'What do you want to do?' screen by clicking the 'REPORT A PROBLEM' option.

Sometimes you may need to uninstall the game or app and then reinstall stall it of there was any data corruption in the files.

I realize you may know most of this but I'm just trying to add a little more 'help' for those that may be lost on what to do.

Thanks I was concerned that it would wipe everything and have to reinstall the games etc. like PlayStations do.

Back