Xbox One Real or Not Real: Xbox 720 Rumors as of November 1

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Hey guys, here's an article posted as of November 1, 2012, compiling all of the rumors on the next-gen Xbox console, for all intents and purposes, being called the Xbox 720 at this point. There's a lot of speculation as to what the 720 is going to consist of. It's sounding like there's a good chance that it will come with a Blu-Ray drive and might possibly have some 3D capabilities. Kinect seems like a give at this point, with Microsoft continuing to push new Kinect releases. Having a console with a built in Kinect type device would seem like the way to go.

We already know that developers have the next-gen kits in their hands, as we've reported before in this Gearbox thread, but we want to know the important stuff already! How much is the Xbox 720 going to cost (rumor has it that it will cost $299 USD)? When is it coming out (supposedly around the holidays 2013)?

The one rumor that I hope isn't true is that the console may keep users from playing used games, i.e. no trading games in or buying them used (sorry Gamestop)! I have a super hard time believing that this will be the case, but you never know...So what do you guys think?

First how would the console know if you were playing a used game? Besides which after you play any game once it is "used". I heard the cost could be upwards of $500 but this changes constantly so who knows.

I've heard that the next xbox console will support dual-screens. That'd be neat, I wonder how it would work for a console. I likely wouldn't use it though. I don't have two TV monitors in my room. :p

If the next system truly outlaws pre-used games, I will personally participate in a strike against it. I won't be buying it at all. I'll go enjoy the WiiU or PC or something. I dunno.

If it keeps people from playing used games, that could put them in a bind because then retailers that sell used games can opt to not sell their product at all. The only way the used game block works is if all three game hardware players are on board for it.

I've heard that the next xbox console will support dual-screens. That'd be neat, I wonder how it would work for a console. I likely wouldn't use it though. I don't have two TV monitors in my room. :p

If the next system truly outlaws pre-used games, I will personally participate in a strike against it. I won't be buying it at all. I'll go enjoy the WiiU or PC or something. I dunno.

I guess that some games will include the option to have a second screen to show you maps, stats, etc. But as you said, the mass market won't install a second tv just to play any game. However, a tablet could be released as an accessory, like the one of the wii u

A better question would be which rumors do you personally believe. Because some of these rumors seem to be either financial suicide (nullifying used games) or like a total waste of resources (dual screen gaming). This is why it's better to what to hear it from the horse's mouth.

:D It seems you are a pre-used games lover thus would abandon the console for not permitting them. I have also read some rumors with the most official coming from Wikipedia. According to that source, xBox 720 release is said to be until 2015. There are other great futures being associated with this gaming console..Just sit tight, 2015 is just around the conner..:D

I would be thrilled if the rumors on the inbuilt kinetics and Blu-Ray Capabilities are come to be true. These are what some competitors have included and would be happy if we XBox 360 had it. Unfortunately whenever there is too much hype on to-be-released gadgets, they end up not meeting the consumers' expectations. hope for the best though!

I would be thrilled if the rumors on the inbuilt kinetics and Blu-Ray Capabilities are come to be true. These are what some competitors have included and would be happy if we XBox 360 had it. Unfortunately whenever there is too much hype on to-be-released gadgets, they end up not meeting the consumers' expectations. hope for the best though!

That's the customers own fault though. Most of the time, customers have these ungodly high standards that the expect to materialize and take form.

You're forgetting the rumor on the 1.66GHz processor, obviously more than one.

This is just early buzz. Many editors know there is something new in the pipeline and are guessing at the titles and dates in hopes of being right. Don't worry however, if something new is coming you will hear about it at a convention like E3 or on your favorite site shortly after.

Awesome!!!!! I already enjoy my Xbox 360 now I can enjoy the 720 ;) (IF IT COMES OUT). To be honest, I hope they change the name because 720 is kinda lame to be honest -.- Best luck to them!

First how would the console know if you were playing a used game? Besides which after you play any game once it is "used". I heard the cost could be upwards of $500 but this changes constantly so who knows.
The disc could maybe recognize the console it's been played on, and not be able to be played on any other console. I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would really suck...

That's the customers own fault though. Most of the time, customers have these ungodly high standards that the expect to materialize and take form.

Yup exactly. Even if they did come out with something that extravagant people would get mad when the new product is $800. I mean, cmon, they aren't going to give that stuff away for free! You can't make people happy.

I personally think that they're releasing the new generation system to soon. The PS3 and Xbox 360 in my opinion hasn't reached their full potential. With the Vita just releasing for the Playstation 3, and the Kinect not to old yet, I think they can do so much more with the systems out now. That being said I don't think to many people would be willing to dish out $500 or so for a new system, when they're happy with their systems now. I believe that in 2015 would be a much better time to release the new generation systems, then trying to rush it for this year according to rumors.

I was just thinking, will the Xbox 720 and PS4 (release in 3days?) even have a disk tray??!?! I sure hope so, technology is going way to fast for me, it needs to slow down.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll have a disk tray. Considering that there are still many areas where an internet connection isn't always available, streaming games to your hard drive isn't a completely viable option yet.

Back