Xbox One Reassessing the Reaons to buy a Xbox One

FordGTGuy

From
Portsmouth, VA
It's been one strange ass week and for some reason I don't think it's going to get any better towards launch but now with these changes we really need to reassess our reasons for buying the Xbox One.

Here are the following things that are making me lean to the Xbox One over the PS4.

* Every developer gets free access to Microsoft's cloud tools.
* Every game will now have dedicated servers(this is huge by the way.).
* Video pass through with HDMI, I've seen some pretty cool ideas with this already with combinations of HDMI switchers which allow almost 5-6 different devices to pass-through a Xbox One.
* Kinect 2.0, even though this might be a controversial reason I still think what we've seen of the new Kinect is damned awesome.
* The new UI, Skype, Twitch and fast switching; let's face it even if the PS4 offers some of these features in some capacity Microsoft has the superior services and a much better UI.
* Console design, I'm still up in the air as to how reliable the PS4 will really be with it's design, it seems like it's not only going to be louder but it will generate a lot more heat.
* Controller, I still want to try out the new PS4 controller but the Xbox One controller is sounding great and looks like it has some much needed improvements.
* 1080p native 60 fps first party games at launch that look impressive, this one is confusing me to hell as there isn't even a single PS4 exclusive that is 60 fps at launch or not.
* The games, Microsoft did a damn good job showing off some good exclusives at E3 and I'm definitely looking forward to Forza 5, Killer Instinct 3 and Dead Rising 3 and hoping for RYSE to make a good showing.
* Microsoft has shown they have the capability to listen to their customers and change something even they pushed passionately pushed for.
* Family share could still make a come back down the road.
* All games available digitally at launch, **** Gamestop I'm now buying all my games digitally.

Please share your own list.

I am still on the fence about that whole 1080p at constant 60fps, because a lot of people say that, but then a box moves on screen and the whole console freezes. Also, will you think that buying digitally will be worth it? If it's like Sony's sales, all games are constantly at full price and a few years from now, when you want to play your old Xbox One console you can't download your games because the network will be closed.

I am still on the fence about that whole 1080p at constant 60fps, because a lot of people say that, but then a box moves on screen and the whole console freezes. Also, will you think that buying digitally will be worth it? If it's like Sony's sales, all games are constantly at full price and a few years from now, when you want to play your old Xbox One console you can't download your games because the network will be closed.

This is a misnomer for Xbox Live servers for Xbox One, Microsoft are going to be using their own data centers globally to run it. Since they are dedicated and dynamic servers they will always exist for your games or for you to download your games. If you start a lobby it will "spin up" a server for you so there won't be servers shut down for any games on Xbox One.

Bottom-line Microsoft own's these servers and it's silly to think that these servers are ever going to be gone, Microsoft adds more servers and builds more data centers every year with now sign of stopping.

[video=youtube;hOxA1l1pQIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxA1l1pQIw[/video]

[video=youtube;CpiCxIWU17I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpiCxIWU17I[/video]

It's been one strange ass week and for some reason I don't think it's going to get any better towards launch but now with these changes we really need to reassess our reasons for buying the Xbox One.

Here are the following things that are making me lean to the Xbox One over the PS4.

* Every developer gets free access to Microsoft's cloud tools.
* Every game will now have dedicated servers(this is huge by the way.).
* Video pass through with HDMI, I've seen some pretty cool ideas with this already with combinations of HDMI switchers which allow almost 5-6 different devices to pass-through a Xbox One.
* Kinect 2.0, even though this might be a controversial reason I still think what we've seen of the new Kinect is damned awesome.
* The new UI, Skype, Twitch and fast switching; let's face it even if the PS4 offers some of these features in some capacity Microsoft has the superior services and a much better UI.
* Console design, I'm still up in the air as to how reliable the PS4 will really be with it's design, it seems like it's not only going to be louder but it will generate a lot more heat.
* Controller, I still want to try out the new PS4 controller but the Xbox One controller is sounding great and looks like it has some much needed improvements.
* 1080p native 60 fps first party games at launch that look impressive, this one is confusing me to hell as there isn't even a single PS4 exclusive that is 60 fps at launch or not.
* The games, Microsoft did a damn good job showing off some good exclusives at E3 and I'm definitely looking forward to Forza 5, Killer Instinct 3 and Dead Rising 3 and hoping for RYSE to make a good showing.
* Microsoft has shown they have the capability to listen to their customers and change something even they pushed passionately pushed for.
* Family share could still make a come back down the road.
* All games available digitally at launch, **** Gamestop I'm now buying all my games digitally.

Please share your own list.

Awesome post. Now just give us the option for game sharing for digital only purchases and we'll have the greatest consumer model ever. DO IT, MS!!!

The PS4 controller is still the same as the PS3/4/2/1 controller, just with a touch pad in the middle. I can't stand the dpad/joystiq layout, never have after I started playing games that required it like shooters. The dpad was hot for Nintendo games, but for these newer generation, the joystiq is everyone's favorite and you'd think they'd switch up the dpad and joystiq to make it better. I guess that's one thing that determines which console you play on though. So Xbox it is for me.

The PS4 controller is still the same as the PS3/4/2/1 controller, just with a touch pad in the middle. I can't stand the dpad/joystiq layout, never have after I started playing games that required it like shooters. The dpad was hot for Nintendo games, but for these newer generation, the joystiq is everyone's favorite and you'd think they'd switch up the dpad and joystiq to make it better. I guess that's one thing that determines which console you play on though. So Xbox it is for me.
I love the xbox controller if I had to choose between playing games on playstation and not playing games at all I would choose not to play games within hour of play my hands cramped and couldn't play anyway. I even grew up play the playstation and for some stupid reason I bought a PS3 and I didn't even Put 3 hours on the thing it's just bin sitting in the corner with a cover on it.

Twitch streaming is the biggest for me im so happy i dont have to shell money out to avermedia/elegato anymore and i can do this on xbox

I love the xbox controller if I had to choose between playing games on playstation and not playing games at all I would choose not to play games within hour of play my hands cramped and couldn't play anyway. I even grew up play the playstation and for some stupid reason I bought a PS3 and I didn't even Put 3 hours on the thing it's just bin sitting in the corner with a cover on it.

Haha! I too grew up on the PS1&2, also bought a PS3 and played just as long as you. It collected dust until my Xbox disc drive broke on me and I traded the PS3 in for a new Xbox 360 S.

Back