Xbox 360 RED RINGS! - How often did you get them?

realsports

Just wondering what experience everyone else had with the red rings of death! I got the red rings about a year ago and I just sold that to my friend for a good amount. Anyways, I bought a brand new xbox 360 (with 2 games included, it was a sick deal) and as soon as I bring it home and press the power button... RED RINGS! SO I had to go back to future shop, and exchange it for another one. Luckily this time it was all good, and I haven't had the rings since. So, how many of you have had a similar experience, and how many times have you gotten the red rings?

I got the red rings twice with two different xbox 360s. I got mainly because I played my xbox a whole lot in a short period of time and I didn't know how to take care of it so I happend to get my first red rings of death. After my first red rings I sold my first xbox and got a new one. When I got the new one the same incident occured with me again, I didn't learn from my mistakes and that resulted in my second encounter with red rings.

I've only gotten them once, and I didn't get the common three rings that typically mean hardware failure. I got two rings, which meant that my Xbox couldn't sufficiently ventilate, and I had to send it in. That's only one of several technical problems I've had with my 360s, though, and I take good care of my things.

Got it once because i kept the console on for days on end and the place wasn't that well ventilated. Now i clean the dust off it every week and keep it horizontally to that the air can flow easily.

Never got it once. Kept my Xbox ventilated, off the ground and pretty clear of dust and debris.

If I ever get it I really don't know what I'll do with my life...

I've only gotten them once, and I didn't get the common three rings that typically mean hardware failure. I got two rings, which meant that my Xbox couldn't sufficiently ventilate, and I had to send it in. That's only one of several technical problems I've had with my 360s, though, and I take good care of my things.

Wow, I honestly didn't know that there were two different kinds of red rings. Come to think about it, I don't even remember which kind I had. I just gave up at that point :p

Got it once because i kept the console on for days on end and the place wasn't that well ventilated. Now i clean the dust off it every week and keep it horizontally to that the air can flow easily.

Ventilation? I never even cared about my xbox ventilating. That's probably why I got the red rings of death! I might just start treating this xbox with much more care.

No Red Rings since December 2009, which is when I got my 360. So no red rings at all for me!

Definitely more often than I want, but it isn't happening quite as often now as it used to. Could be the newer system, or just that we don't keep it closed in a cabinet anymore ;)

I've only ever experienced the Red Ring of Death once, and luckily never again. I had my box for quite a few years before it started getting slower, and slower, and then finally I booted it up and I saw those dreaded red lights. I was so shocked that it happened, but I slowly came to terms with it. I was well due past the warranty so I said my good byes and laid the faithful hero to rest.

I experienced the red ring of death about 6 months after getting my 360. I tried the towel trick which made it work for about two more weeks. Then after that it just wouldn't come back.

My Xbox 360 has never gotten the Red Ring of Death...thank God. I am very careful with my system. On a regular basis, I use canned air to eliminate the dust in the interior of the machine that could have settled through the ventilation ports. Also, after I am done with my system I always turn it off so it does not overheat. Again, for the sake of not overheating, my console is set up horizontally. When vertically, the ventilation port on the bottom is blocked by the floor, and so the cooling would be ineffective. Overheating can lead to red ringing.

I have never gotten one, surprisingly.
I think it may be because I don't play long sessions. My longest session probably was 3-4 hours.

Surprisingly, I've never actually gotten the red ring of death. What's even more odd is that I bought my Xbox used, something that would definitely contribute to the likeliness of the console red ringing. I consider myself lucky and can only hope that the console will continue to stay functional. I think, among my friends, that I am the only who has had an Xbox which has not red ringed.

I'm happy to say I never got it! Always sure the console is ventilated, clean it at least once a week and once every 2-3 months on the inside. That way the console is fine and I can enjoy my FIFA :D

Luckily I have not seen this happen on the Xbox my sister owns, seems like a miserable thing to happen though. I have had the yellow light of death on my PS3 before though, but I was happy to learn that it was fixable. I hope the next gen consoles will have a less likely fail ratio.

Never got any! I guess I take good care of mine and don't play it that often enough to wear it out. If it ever does happen, it surely will be a terrible day for this gamer!

it's interesting to see how many people didn't get RRoD. Personally I got it 3 times. Once the day before Halo 3 was released (don't even ask haha) then again about a year or so after that and then again a couple of months after that but I've been good for about 4ish years. It wasn't too bad it took them about a week to send me a new model plus they sent me a free month of live to make up for the loss each time. At the moment my 360 sits on the box from the last time...just incase...haha

Good thing they hooked you up. So if you ever get a red ring of death, are they over at Microsoft obligated to just send you a new one free of charge? As long as you're still under warranty?

I remember that within the first few months of purchasing my 360 I would get the red ring often. This was easily solved though, I still had it under warranty so all I did was ship out my xbox and they sent it back to me fixed and never had that issue again, I did lose all the memory I had saved on my unit but fortunately I had everything backed up.

Isn't it amazing how game console warranties are better than Computer PC warranties? I've found that game console warranties are the best. But when it comes to getting a PC fixed or a t.v set? Forget about it. They find all sorts of ways to weasel out of the contract.

Back