Redbox Instant Coming Soon

Lost Cause

Engadget is reporting that the latest in instant streaming services, Redbox, will be coming to the Xbox360 as an exclusive sometime first quarter.

Xbox 360 is the exclusive gaming and entertainment console launch partner for Redbox Instant by Verizon. A Redbox Instant by Verizon subscription package, priced at $8 per month for DVD or $9 per month for Blu-ray, combines four one-night credits for the latest movie releases at Redbox kiosks with access to a great catalogue of popular movies available for unlimited streaming. Through the app, Xbox 360 movie fans can also purchase and rent the newest digital releases without needing a subscription. Redbox Instant by Verizon combines disc + subscription, purchase and rental viewing choices into a compelling destination so movie fans can always find a movie to enjoy.

How many services will we see by the end of 2013. It seems that everyone is trying to cash in on the this. I used to use Redbox before fully getting into the online viewing of my movies. One of the cons to Redbox was even with looking through their mobile app, you still had to find a kiosk that had the movie you wanted somewhere nearby. I can get the same movie through Amazon video albeit slightly higher price but it beats driving out and waiting behind someone at the kiosk.

Isn't this the same thing as Netflix, or Amazon? It seems like you said everyone is trying to cash in on the instant streaming.

I hope they will have newly released titles available for streaming. I love Netflix, but it's so hard to find decent newer titles.

In a way it is. They will have instant streaming of movies and some TV shows just like Netflix and Amazon Prime/Rental. The one thing that makes them stand out is the monthly price you pay will give you credits to rent up to 4 disc's from one of their physical koisks.

Isn't this the same thing as Netflix, or Amazon? It seems like you said everyone is trying to cash in on the instant streaming.

The only reason I use redbox is because it's super cheap. I hope redbox instant will keep that trait.

To be exclusive with Xbox is actually really great for Redbox.

I still have no interest in it, though. I don't have very good experiences with Redbox and while I'm sure they're great for a lot of people, I just don't care if they're added.

Back