Xbox 360 Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Morris Code

Who here has played Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City? For those of you that have played the game, how would you rate it on a scale of 1 - 10? I love the Resident Evil franchise, or at least the early PS1/PS2 games, and I was surprised to read the poor rating that this newest game received from Game Spot. Game Spot gave the game a scaled rating of 4.5 and had bad things to say about pretty much everything, from the shooting system and taking cover, to visual aspects like dim lighting.

Do you agree or disagree with Game Spot's negative review?

I haven't played the game yet, although I have read Game Spot's bad review. I don't know if it's really a fair review or not, and it really just boils down to the reviewer's opinion. If you look closely, you can see that gamers actually rated the game a bit higher, giving it an average 6.5. Regardless, there have been many games that I REALLY liked that Game Spot reviewed poorly, so I don't put much stock into their reviews anymore.

I agree with Camel Tan. I wouldn't worry about the review that someone else gave the game. If you like the Resident Evil franchise, rent the game and play it for a day or two. If you like it, buy it. If not, no harm done; you're out less than $10 bucks.

Back