Xbox One Rival-owned IPs that could make it into the Xbox One

diamondback8

All right so I was inspired by the Twisted Metal thread here. Why? thedoodseven and the others have pointed it out that since Twisted Metal is owned by Sony, Microsoft's rival, there's little chance for it to be put into the Xbox One. But that got me thinking: what IPs of the rival can make it into the Xbox One? Think there's some? One such IP I know that made it into the Xbox was Metal Gear Solid. Many thought it would stay with the PlayStation forever but you know what happened... so, got any ideas guys?

I guess there's a possibility. Well since they also have Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear Solid who we thought was just going to stay with Sony but eventually found a way to make it possible for Xbox One, I think the chances of getting other titles like Resident Evil is quite high.

Well it all depends if the other companies like Nintendo and Sony release those games. But well if they can revive some old games that we have long forgotten (example: Double Dragon) and make a version just for Xbox One it would be much better.

just so we're clear we're talking things that could actually make it right? none of that first party "smash bros on xbox would be amazing" type deals? I really wanna see more stuff from platinum games. (MGR, Bayonetta) They have two games coming out for wii U being Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101. Sega owns Bayonetta's Ip I think with nintendo only serving as publisher so it'd be nice to hopefully get a port at some point. As for 101 I never got around to playing the viewtiful joe and people are calling it it's spiritual successor so...ya...

Also didn't double dragon neon get released for 360's arcade and was amazing?

Honestly Bayonetta 3 might make it to the Xbox One depending on how the deal between Nintendo and Sega is structured. Final Fantasy is coming which blew my mind and so is Kingdom Hearts but JRPGs haven't done well on the console so I see this more as an experiment. We'll probably see more Capcom games come to the One though, I'd like to see more RPGs but Microsoft would have to court the Japanese devs.

Honestly Bayonetta 3 might make it to the Xbox One depending on how the deal between Nintendo and Sega is structured. Final Fantasy is coming which blew my mind and so is Kingdom Hearts but JRPGs haven't done well on the console so I see this more as an experiment. We'll probably see more Capcom games come to the One though, I'd like to see more RPGs but Microsoft would have to court the Japanese devs.

I'd love to see Bayonetta on Xbox One and some capcom games I wish they could also have the fighting games that capcom had initially on PS.

Bayonetta 3 is a possibility, yeah. Bayonetta 2 might not be a possibilty UNLESS Nintendo auctions it off. Another rival-owned IP that could make it into the Xbox One... Hmmm... actually, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear Solid are so far the IPs I can think of that made it for the Xbox One. And yes, Oldman Jr is right. Double Dragon Neon did indeed make it into the Xbox Live.

Bayonetta, now that you mentioned it, it's been a while since I played the game. I guess other entries will be coming out this year and I hope to see more games released on the coming years that are either revivals or newer versions of the old games that we have in the past.

Back