Xbox 360 Rumor: Next Borderlands game is called the "Pre-Sequel"

thedoodseven

Wow, the pre-sequel huh? And it takes place 5 years between Borderlands 1 and 2? And it takes place on the moon that we keep seeing in the skies of Pandora? Interesting. Might explain why the original cast of Borderlands 1 were what they were in BL2. Might also explain a few things about BL2. And anyway, we are having technically a sort-of sequel in the form of Tales from the Borderlands so this Pre-Sequel might give us some good points.

It's still a rumor so we'll have to take this with a grain of salt. But if this is true... well, I'd like to explore that moon., I wonder what it's like.

It will be spectacular. Well I hope it's way better than Titanfall otherwise I would be disappointed.

The Pre-Sequel.... huh, so if this is true, this is a prequel, sequel and a mid-quel. But why a sequel? Hmmmm... perhaps there's some time-travelling? I don't know, we'll see.

Hmmmm... we'll see when it's officially announced. Hahahha XD This is hilarious. I hope it's true, though. I want to see that moon.

as much as i love boarderlands 1/2... i am a little sadned by the "no bl3" i mean the sequel will be decent if it stays to the formula of bl1/2.. but its going to bring back characters of 1/2 and some "died off" so unless its a whole new slew of characters its only going to add meanless plot/story since its happens between 1/2...

i hope its a fall 2014 game as nothing is really on the slate for games.

if its true i would expect a pax/e3 announcment.. if they dont odds are this is a2015/2016 game which is disheartening at such a far off game. because really if its that far off id rather have it be a bl3 and have randy and that gang tackle it head on. the worst thing that could happen is some one else steps in and drags the franchise down imo..

I still don't know if I can believe this. Just sounds so crazy.

Playing as Jack's henchmen would be interesting, especially Fragtrap.

The Pre-Sequel? Huh... well, it's still a rumor so I'll be taking this with grains upon grains of salt. Not gonna believe it until I see it.

as much as i love boarderlands 1/2... i am a little sadned by the "no bl3" i mean the sequel will be decent if it stays to the formula of bl1/2.. but its going to bring back characters of 1/2 and some "died off" so unless its a whole new slew of characters its only going to add meanless plot/story since its happens between 1/2...

if its true i would expect a pax/e3 announcment.. if they dont odds are this is a2015/2016 game which is disheartening at such a far off game. because really if its that far off id rather have it be a bl3 and have randy and that gang tackle it head on. the worst thing that could happen is some one else steps in and drags the franchise down imo..

Better hope this thing stays a rumor. I've read the article over and over again and the more I do, the more I realize this kind of game... drag-ish for me.

I still don't know if I can believe this. Just sounds so crazy.

Playing as Jack's henchmen would be interesting, especially Fragtrap.

That'd be interesting. playing alongside the villain? That'd be a nice twist for the series.

Kinda like Arkham Origins. Well, we don't know for sure if this is all true so we'll have to wait for that announcement.

I know this is just a rumor right now but I really hope it is true! I love it when both video games and movies do a pre-sequel! It makes things so much more interesting!

The Next Big Borderlands Game Will Let You Play As Claptrap

wvruhb2robi9v61b24pb.jpg

t'll release on last-gen consoles—PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360—and PC this fall. Why? Because, according to the Gearbox/2K duo, they wanted to focus their energies on making the game as great an experience as they can without expending any resources to making it work on multiple platforms.

and i just dont care anymore.... 360/ps3 only... fing hate this stuff honestly. if its any good its cross platform and now its non next gen... grand theft auto,bl sequel what else will be non next gen when next gen is either on the cusp or already hear.. microsoft/sony should say if its not on both its independent to the point they have to market/sell/distribute it and pay royalty's to use the console.. its ridiculous by the time this game hits shelves its going to be a year into next gen and we are still getting pre gen stuff only..

It sure as hell doesn't look like a full fledged new entry in the game. It looks awfully similar to Borderlands 2, if you ask me. That's not really a bad thing if you're a fan of the series, but it is somewhat disappointing.

Great game title, though. :d

it should look allot like bl2... its built of bl2.. just by the Australian branch.. bl1 plays similar to bl2..

The Next Big Borderlands Game Will Let You Play As Claptrap

and i just dont care anymore.... 360/ps3 only... fing hate this stuff honestly. if its any good its cross platform and now its non next gen... grand theft auto,bl sequel what else will be non next gen when next gen is either on the cusp or already hear.. microsoft/sony should say if its not on both its independent to the point they have to market/sell/distribute it and pay royalty's to use the console.. its ridiculous by the time this game hits shelves its going to be a year into next gen and we are still getting pre gen stuff only..

It's actually true. All right, so we're getting it: the Pre-Sequel. But dood... Claptrap! Hahahaha. As for my opinions on this... hmmmmm... after seeing the screenshots, and the characters, and Claptrap... I'm actually interested. I don't know... something about this hits me nicely. I'd like to see more of it. And I think the developers did the right decision. It's true: the big userbase is STILL last-gen so if they want to say goodbye to last-gen, might as well make this one. It's like how GTA V came out for the last-gen's last few years. And it still made money right? I think I might get this. I'd LOVE to smack frozen enemies into pieces in low-gravity!

So no Borderlands 3 huh? Hmmmm... still, looks kinda interesring. It's like the GTA V of the Borderlands series. Claptrap.... damn! For some reason, I'll get this game just to play as Claptrap.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sure as hell doesn't look like a full fledged new entry in the game. It looks awfully similar to Borderlands 2, if you ask me. That's not really a bad thing if you're a fan of the series, but it is somewhat disappointing.

Great game title, though. :d

Judging by the details, yeah, doesn't look much like a full-fledged entry. But on the contrary, the developers have said that since this is last-gen and since they want to create an experience like noother, you have to remember that this game will be flowering with DLC expansions like its predecessors you know. And we don't even know what else is on this moon. Will there be moon towns? moon caves? Moon rivers? There's so much we don't know about the moon that orbits Pandora so I reckon this game will be big on experience like its predecessors. What if the DLC expansions let us explore other parts we never knew existed? Ohohohoh... think that for a moment. THINK THAT FOR A MOMENT.

Judging by the details, yeah, doesn't look much like a full-fledged entry. But on the contrary, the developers have said that since this is last-gen and since they want to create an experience like noother, you have to remember that this game will be flowering with DLC expansions like its predecessors you know. And we don't even know what else is on this moon. Will there be moon towns? moon caves? Moon rivers? There's so much we don't know about the moon that orbits Pandora so I reckon this game will be big on experience like its predecessors. What if the DLC expansions let us explore other parts we never knew existed? Ohohohoh... think that for a moment. THINK THAT FOR A MOMENT.

Hahahaha. You're right. Everyone else keeps thinking, "Not a full-fledged game", "Waste of time", "Could've been an expansion" but you make a point. This is another entry in the Borderlands series. Which means that it may have the DLC expansions, those Headhunter, and all the other stuff that really fills the game to its awesome brim. Yeah, this is going to be awesome.

Back