Xbox 360 Sanitizing the Controller

Gamertag888

Does anyone know of a product that's safe to use on the Xbox 360 controller that will sanitize it and kill germs? My husband has caught a head cold and I'm trying my best not to catch it from him!!

I just use Clorox or Lysol disinfecting wipes on mine, along with the remote controls and anything else sick hands touch, like the faucets and doorknobs.

I use Lysol or Clorox disinfecting wipes too, and I have just straight up sprayed them with Lysol. I have never had a problem with the controllers from doing this so I don't think it will hurt them.

I did not think about sanitising the controller. I use it a lot but I'm mainly the only one using it. I hope my friends sanitise it though :D They don't visit me that often but we hang out together a lot at one of us's place :p

I use the disinfecting wipes, like previous posters mentioned. I've also wiped them down with alcohol pads, but we tend to keep Lysol disinfecting wipes around more than alcohol pads, so that's what I use most of the time. If you use alcohol pads though, make sure you don't touch the controller until the alcohol evaporates - that's what kills the germs!

We use the disinfecting wipes as well, and sometimes we just use baby wipes. Our controllers tend to get sticky from little hands and diaper wipes are in abundant supply around here. :)

Back