Scorpio will be the most powerful console in 2017

joshposh

Here's some news from the Scorpio front. It seems AMD is thrilled about the recent developments on the Scorpio GPU. They call it a big win. It will push the limits on 4k and VR gaming like never before.

Let's see what happens a year from now when PC GPU is pushed even further ahead in technology. This technology wonder will be mid level by the time it is released.

http://gamingbolt.com/amd-reveals-that-xbox-one-scorpio-was-one-of-its-design-wins

Well this is certainly exciting, and something that I intend to keep an eye on here in the coming months and years. It will be interesting to see what they come up with and the effect that it will have on the gaming world. I cannot really say what I expect, which really just adds another element of intrigue for me, so that is good. Thanks for getting my excitement level up a little bit on an other pretty dull Saturday morning.

We can expect Microsoft and Sony to be releasing updated version of their platform sooner then previous gaming consoles. No longer do we have to wait 8 or so years for the next generation of consoles. Technology trends are now following the smartphone model and creating a updated version of the console every 3 to 4 years will now be common place.

Reactions: Guy
Well it seems that the more and more that I hear about the Scorpio, the more that I am getting my hopes up. Now this does mean that I am hearing good things about it, so that is a good thing, but it might also be a bad thing for me personally. I never like it when my expectations are really high for anything like this, because that means they are just waiting to be let down. I hope this case is different, though, so fingers crossed.

Well it's good to know that you won't be cut off form your older games as everything will be compatible from here on out. There will be no more drastic hardware changes and the model will be set like that of PC hardware. They will upgrade the components and software will still be compatible.

The news and rumours surrounding the Microsoft Scorpio are certainly exciting, but as with the other consoles that have been released in the past, I think we need to maybe not believe all the hype we are hearing as all we do is set ourselves up for disappointment.

While it's understandable that Microsoft want to drum up as much enthusiasm as possible for the ne release, at the same time I think they need to try and make sure that they don't over hype the console too much because then people's expectations will far outweigh what they can actually deliver.

I'm very excited to see what kind of virtual reality options they have as Sony is already making their push to get into the VR world. This is the future of gaming folks, we're right at the cusp of it.

No longer do we have to wait 8 or so years for the next generation of consoles. Technology trends are now following the smartphone model and creating a updated version of the console every 3 to 4 years will now be common place.

That's nice to know. I don't want to be waiting 7 or 8 years, by that time I might be on something else completely. I remember asking myself after so many years when the future XBOX was going to come out after it had been so many years when the first one came out.

It also makes me wonder how much more advanced can these systems get every 3 or 4 years to justify putting a new product on the market.

A technology is developing at an ever increasing rate, I do think that those days of having to wait a decade for a new console to come out are in the past. Waiting every 3 or 4 years is acceptable I think and especially if the initial prices of the consoles are lower as well.

What I don't an to see though is consoles start to appear as regular as the smartphones are doing and I don't want Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo to be bringing out new consoles every 18 months as I think that will be going too far.

Yes it will be super exciting to see what virtual reality options will be there. I can't wait until then. Technology is advancing at a phenomenal pace but it's still not as fast as I'd like it to be. I am so ready for virtual reality right now.

I think as gamers we are all for technology advancing at a fast pace, but from a personal level we have to remember that not everyone in the world is able to afford to keep up. It's OK saying that we want VR to be here and now, but what if a person as just purchased a new console, only for two weeks later it's already out of date?

Technology is going to go marching on no matter what, but I think at least at the pace it's being released at the moment people have a chance of being able to look forward to it, and also at the same time save uo so they can actually afford it when it does eventually come out.

We can expect Microsoft and Sony to be releasing updated version of their platform sooner then previous gaming consoles. No longer do we have to wait 8 or so years for the next generation of consoles. Technology trends are now following the smartphone model and creating a updated version of the console every 3 to 4 years will now be common place.
We are seeing this with the release of the XBox S. It's planned to be launched in August of 2017. The XBox One was launched in 2013/4 depending were you lived. That is with in the time period that you are mentioned.

When it comes to the timing of the new releases, every 3/4 years is acceptable for the majority of people I would have thought. Any less than that though and gaming can start to become too expensive for a lot of people, and while I understand that to enjoy gaming you don't have to be playing the latest and greatest equipment, it's no fun being priced out of a hobby that you once enjoyed.

I just made some research on it and it definitely looks promising, the system really looks absolutely good and powerful, it's going to be a great gaming machine, for sure, looking forward to it and its price, I think it is going to be highly expensive, but it's going to be worth it for many people.

Last edited:
I think that it will be expensive in the beginning but once the first consoles start rolling out they should lower the price. There is a price for being the first one to try something new.

@SirJoe I do not really understand why Microsoft is going to release the Xbox ONE S and the Scorpio one year later, I do not really see it as a very good idea whatsoever.

@Casiox PlayStation announced that it was going to launch the PlayStation 4.5 in October. The PlayStation 4.5 will allow gamers to play games in 4k. Microsoft could just sit on the side of the lines for a year until the Scorpio came out. They have to launch the XBox One S now.

@SirJoe I had never heard about a PS 4.5, however, it does make some sense. We have to wait for sony to release their masterpiece, indeed.

@Casiox it's scheduled for 7 September. Sort of makes sense now. Isn't it going to be the date that they are going to present VR? I see they are going to birds with one stone.

@SirJoe Nope, September 7th already passed brother, you're kinda lost in the space. They only announced the release dates of the new consoles, they'll be hosting another event soon, staty tuned.

Back