Xbox One Sending video messages?

Glassacre

From
Maryland
I think that I'm more excited for the other uses for the kinect outside of just gaming, I think it would be pretty cool if we could send video messages to our friends.

That would be interesting, I'm not a fan of the video chat stuff really but I know many would like it :)

I'm actualluy looking forward to some video chat initially just to finally be able to see some of the members of our clan that live in other states that I didn't know prior to the clan session. It will be interesting for a bit.

I'm just glad no one can actually see me LIVE playing through the kinect. That would suck.

Sony has included Skype in their growing list of amazing softwares. I hope Microsoft does something similar to this.

That would be pretty cool, even if it was limited to 10 or 15 seconds. But i know they probably they won't do it because a) it would be use too much and they would have a huge kick on their servers b) use it to send stuff that players shouldn't.

Sony has included Skype in their growing list of amazing softwares. I hope Microsoft does something similar to this.

I would imagine Microsoft would include SKYPE since they own it.

I like the idea of video chat sessions, but I also find that consoles are trying to grasp at this being a brilliant thing they can do. We've been video chatting since the early 2000's though, and to me its more of an example of Consoles being left behind in some areas of technology. Why do I need to pay a huge price to video chat when I have my laptop with Skype already on it or just using party chat over the 360.

With that said, I do get it. Its a cool idea that you can leave video messages for people, but I also believe that its something that'll be like free coffee on Sundays at an apartment complex...that's nice but unused.

Back