Xbox 360 Several consoles through the same router

William

I only have one Xbox 360, so I couldn't check thi out for myself, but I've heard some friends of mine saying they are having trouble using several Xbox 360 consoles on the same router. Apparently, there are some configurations that need to be done in order to work. Does anyone know anything about this issue?

Hmm - not sure about that. I know for a fact though that may put strain on the router and give you a crappy internet connection. I doubt there is any setting in the Xbox that stops you from doing that though.

I agree with Marcus, I am betting it puts a lot of strain on the router. Just curious, but why would you hook two Xbox 360s, to the same router?

I have done this with two Xbox 360's and a laptop all connected to the same router. I had no issues with lag or anything. I have one of the fastest comcast speeds though, so maybe that is why.

It can be done but a lot of people experience network problems and sometimes it will give you an error message. There are some troubleshooting steps you can take to fix the issue that involves going into your settings but I haven't tried it. If you try the Xbox troubleshooting site you might find something helpful.

Back