Should I watch The Walking Dead?

purpleguardian

:confused: I don't know, I just didn't really get too into the first season. It seems kind of late to jump on the band wagon now but I thought some people may have an opinion for me on The Walking Dead. Does it get better or worse?

Its got a hell of a lot better mate, I thought the first season started so slowly, picked up for a few episodes, and then dropped off again. the 2nd season did similar, but the 3rd was at its best. give it another go, what have you got to lose?

I would definitely say that the Walking Dead is worth a watch. I would also say that the comics/graphic novels are much better. You can only get so much story from the TV Show and I think this is partially why its so slow in the beginning of the seasons. Over an hour of TV you could sit here and tell Rick's story in a full 24 episode season. They have to add and keep things interesting to people and the viewership. Unlike Game of Thrones where they are steam rolling that material pretty quickly.

Its worth a watch, but you should explore the rest of the universe as well.

I too hated the first series, but then I was bored one day and started watching it again from series 2 and I bloody loved it, couldn't get enough of it and now I can't wait for the new season!

If I were to be as objective as possible, I'm not about to assure you that you'll like the rest of the series if you don't much care for the first season. That being said, I'd never frown on the idea of giving it another shot; I think it's one of the best TV series, and it is great at being suspenseful. To address the question concerning if it gets better or not, I'd say yes, but that's subjective; I know a few people who like the first season the best. Basically, later seasons tend to get even more over-the-top with the suspense, and if that's your thing, I think you'll like it more. Personally, I wouldn't agree with the notion that no series rivals its depth, but it does have vivid characters and a fickle plot.

In short, maybe give it another try, maybe try to change your perspective, but you don't have to force yourself to like it.

It's a great show whether you like the zombie atmosphere or not as at its core it's not about the zombies at all, it's about the personal relationship of those people so maybe that's why you didn't like the first few episodes, the character's aren't all there yet and still aren't fully developed.

Back