Should Nintendo strictly become a developer?

AthleticTypist

We know there consoles have not sold or attracted the same amount of popularity as they use to in years past. However, the Nintendo brand still holds a lot of weight. When you play a game made by Nintendo, you almost KNOW it's going to be good. The AAA titles they produce are almost unmatched, from Mario, Zelda, Smash bros and beyond.

My dream has been for either Microsoft or Sony to convince Nintendo to be bought out somehow so that there titles would be on other consoles. Currently, there games aren't garnering the same amount of attention or sales as they have in years past. At some point, I believe they should go the route of Sega, but I think Nintendo may have too much pride for that.

What is your opinion?

I don't know if you're aware, but the Wii sold like hotcakes, even if hardcore players were at odds with it. The Wii U is a different story, but Nintendo had bad timing with it, not to mention the specs are very lackluster compared to the One and PS4. Not that the power of a console is everything, again, the Wii sold very well despite being the least powerful console. The casual gaming market has seen a change, however, so now the beefiness of a console is once again relevant. I think the Wii U will gain some steam, but it will take their top-notch first party games to do it. Speaking of, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be somewhat thrilled to see Nintendo making games for other platforms, but the thing is, they've always made games that work better for the consoles they designed.

My verdict: I think Nintendo is doing better than you might think, and it doesn't seem too likely to happen to me. If it did, I'd see it as a double-edged sword.

I don't think so. Despite what reports may lead you to believe, Nintendo isn't in that bad of a situation. They have billion in their reserve so early losses with the Wii U won't have that bad of an effect on them as a company. Also like stated above, the Wii was the highest selling console of the last generation. If I'm not mistaken it sold an estimated 100 million units, so Nintendo can stand to take a few losses here and there. Once they start releasing games, the Wii U will start to sell. That's pretty much their only problem, their lack of games. Once they change that, everything will turn around for the better.

I do not think they should. I think they should dominate and take over the mobile gaming industry from phones and tablets and people getting rich off the pay to play games.

Wow, you said your 'dream' is that Microsoft and Sony will buy out Nintendo! What the hell?
Most people dream of a beautiful wife or partner, a big house, to help people in need, to be rich... And apparently that Nintendo get bought out by inferior game companies...
Sorry but they are ( inferior ). Neither have the longevity or innovation that Nintendo have and e en you've admitted that when Nintendo drop a big one, its bound to be a banger.

No, Nintendo should never become devs only like SEGA ( the second best games company ever)!

Back